• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just in case anyone here needs a comic collecting "system"....
9 9

592 posts in this topic

On 5/22/2023 at 1:34 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Maybe @Domo Arigato could share some of the latest emails

I assume he’s still a subscriber :insane:

Sure thing. 

I posted the last email exchange (one message each) in this thread on July 12th of last year.  His email back then can be seen here.....and my reply can be seen here.

I didn't hear back from him after that......so I reached out to him again in September of last year to address another issue.  Here's how that went.

My message to him:

Dylan,
Why are you stating that you are an Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide Advisor?  That is not true.  You used to be an advisor for them, but no longer are.  In your Ebay auctions, you mention your market report in the 50th edition.....but that was two years ago.  Your claim that you ARE an advisor is deceptive.

His reply:

Lori,

To answer your question: Overstreet never notified me saying I'm not! I have no reason to suggest otherwise in that we've sold millions of dollars of comic books. In fact all other advisors have made mistakes in their journeys as well and here we are. Isn't making mistakes and learning a part of the process?

A few of the mistakes we've made are:

-Not having someone on my team check if CGC messed up ie Character Labels before getting listed (pulled promptly, canceled all orders)

-Having our team grade comics remotely (changed that long ago, refined grading standards to tight letter grades as good as Blissard)

-Struggling to let ex-friends like Polonsky go even if they're making a mean/unfair decision (I have better things to do these days and more than enough choices to who I can surround myself with) Have you ever struggled with letting an old friend that just changed overnight go forever? I have multiple times. It's painful but I live and learn. I've found that sometimes you just gotta let go like I should have sooner with Polonsky, it seems like this thread is having the same issue. It's often easier to criticize others but when we look within we all have our own things to work on as much as nobody wants to admit it

By the way, I asked you this question on July 8th 2022 via email but unfortunately did not receive a response:

"Lori, how many people on these boards who comment about anything related to our company have had an in-person, telephone or video conversation with me or a member of our team in the past 2 years?"

I would love to continue our relationship but if it's not gonna be a 2-way street it's not gonna work between us :)
Whatever happens I wish you all the best and a fantastic year!

Respectfully yours,
-Dylan

My reply to him:

Dylan,

If you are no longer listed as an Overstreet Advisor in the current issues...then you are no longer an Overstreet Advisor.  That isn't a mistake, that's deliberate deception.

And Polasnky wasn't mean or unfair to you.  You were acting like a colossal and unhinged d-bag, so he cut off communication with you.  You then tried to force him to communicate with you, and that showed everyone the type of person you are and why you are now an outcast on the forums.

And I did respond to the question you sent on July 8th, 2022, which you failed to respond to.  I asked why you failed to answer my question and instead chose to just ask me a question in your reply.  Here it is again:

You failed to answer my last question, so people are probably convinced you are hiding something and wouldn't be truthful. 

WHAT ARE YOU HIDING AND WHY WON'T YOU TELL US HOW MANY COSPLAY GIRLS HAVE CONTACTED YOU WANTING YOUR COURSE FOR FREE IN EXCHANGE FOR SEX WITH YOU?

Wishing your well with a genuine hope that you do better, Dylan.

Sincerly yours,
Earth

He replied to me a day later with the following, but did not address my last email to him.  Instead, he addressed something that was being talked about on the boards (we were discussing the incorrect BBB rating he had listed on either his website or his Ebay listings).   I didn't reply to it, so this was the last communication between us.

We apologize that it says BBB rating of A+ instead of the accurate: A. We are changing it right now.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 5/22/2023 at 9:00 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Sure thing. 

I posted the last email exchange (one message each) in this thread on July 12th of last year.  His email back then can be seen here.....and my reply can be seen here.

I didn't hear back from him after that......so I reached out to him again in September of last year to address another issue.  Here's how that went.

My message to him:

Dylan,
Why are you stating that you are an Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide Advisor?  That is not true.  You used to be an advisor for them, but no longer are.  In your Ebay auctions, you mention your market report in the 50th edition.....but that was two years ago.  Your claim that you ARE an advisor is deceptive.

His reply:

Lori,

To answer your question: Overstreet never notified me saying I'm not! I have no reason to suggest otherwise in that we've sold millions of dollars of comic books. In fact all other advisors have made mistakes in their journeys as well and here we are. Isn't making mistakes and learning a part of the process?

A few of the mistakes we've made are:

-Not having someone on my team check if CGC messed up ie Character Labels before getting listed (pulled promptly, canceled all orders)

-Having our team grade comics remotely (changed that long ago, refined grading standards to tight letter grades as good as Blissard)

-Struggling to let ex-friends like Polonsky go even if they're making a mean/unfair decision (I have better things to do these days and more than enough choices to who I can surround myself with) Have you ever struggled with letting an old friend that just changed overnight go forever? I have multiple times. It's painful but I live and learn. I've found that sometimes you just gotta let go like I should have sooner with Polonsky, it seems like this thread is having the same issue. It's often easier to criticize others but when we look within we all have our own things to work on as much as nobody wants to admit it

By the way, I asked you this question on July 8th 2022 via email but unfortunately did not receive a response:

"Lori, how many people on these boards who comment about anything related to our company have had an in-person, telephone or video conversation with me or a member of our team in the past 2 years?"

I would love to continue our relationship but if it's not gonna be a 2-way street it's not gonna work between us :)
Whatever happens I wish you all the best and a fantastic year!

Respectfully yours,
-Dylan

My reply to him:

Dylan,

If you are no longer listed as an Overstreet Advisor in the current issues...then you are no longer an Overstreet Advisor.  That isn't a mistake, that's deliberate deception.

And Polasnky wasn't mean or unfair to you.  You were acting like a colossal and unhinged d-bag, so he cut off communication with you.  You then tried to force him to communicate with you, and that showed everyone the type of person you are and why you are now an outcast on the forums.

And I did respond to the question you sent on July 8th, 2022, which you failed to respond to.  I asked why you failed to answer my question and instead chose to just ask me a question in your reply.  Here it is again:

You failed to answer my last question, so people are probably convinced you are hiding something and wouldn't be truthful. 

WHAT ARE YOU HIDING AND WHY WON'T YOU TELL US HOW MANY COSPLAY GIRLS HAVE CONTACTED YOU WANTING YOUR COURSE FOR FREE IN EXCHANGE FOR SEX WITH YOU?

Wishing your well with a genuine hope that you do better, Dylan.

Sincerly yours,
Earth

He replied to me a day later with the following, but did not address my last email to him.  Instead, he addressed something that was being talked about on the boards (we were discussing the incorrect BBB rating he had listed on either his website or his Ebay listings).   I didn't reply to it, so this was the last communication between us.

We apologize that it says BBB rating of A+ instead of the accurate: A. We are changing it right now.

2C487BD4-ABC3-457E-88C6-7BC2F06EFF0C.jpeg.ff263e6c74ce10176c72951d4c31d2e2.jpeg

On 5/22/2023 at 2:58 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

1.jpg.da57fe0d62df99386f2ea2dc81a4b8fa.jpg

Could it be systematic?

Greased Lightning Systematic GIF - Greased Lightning Systematic John  Travolta - Discover & Share GIFs

Grease Greased Lightning GIF - Grease Greased Lightning John Travolta -  Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by s-man

On 5/22/2023 at 12:37 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

It even has it's own Merch!

EADF7EDE-7C03-4EDA-931F-0C93F0628399.thumb.jpeg.4a58eff7191e539ba6db6836b3e13ee8.jpeg.59a172e5ce5fed3487c7dc4acb96060d.jpeg

The reviews are 80 percent positive on the Rotton Potatoes portion of his website ! ! !

Dingus.jpg.d12421167f50b35eb4303e3a03bebdc3.jpg

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 5/23/2023 at 12:43 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Had Dylan just destroyed CGC as he promised....

Lol, this guy had any power...

If Dylan wants to wreck CGC, just tell him to put on a dress and get his own special label, it seemed to have happened with the beer company. (If this is the guy I remember saying he was out to get CGC - or was that someone else?)

Edited by ThreeSeas

On 5/23/2023 at 11:22 AM, ThreeSeas said:

If Dylan wants to wreck CGC, just tell him to put on a dress and get his own special label, it seemed to have happened with the beer company. (If this is the guy I remember saying he was out to get CGC - or was that someone else?)

I believe the words were:

20200914_193100.jpg.1b3b5fa50a2a3ee0512cb23b9be93508.jpg

Supposedly “pernts” are available and are being tallied and recorded off site.

Supposedly. 

So that’s just a reminder if someone was supposedly keeping tabs over the last couple of years allegedly related to “pernts” 

If they were doing the thing they do they would be doing that. 

Edited by Buzzetta