• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WB's BARBIE THE MOVIE starring Margot Robbie (2023)
7 7

540 posts in this topic

On 7/10/2023 at 4:29 AM, Bosco685 said:

F0peGmHaEAAkTje.thumb.jpeg.fd40f1c2a897646d6bcb8b8193ce4e61.jpeg

I’m such a fan of Gosling’s acting and range, that I may actually go see this. These reviews have my attention. I’ll be following to see if it’s just hype or not. 

On 7/13/2023 at 7:01 PM, paperheart said:

quick pivot as the ink is barely dry on his breathless MI:DR posts which Deadline is now 'guesstimating' will come in 20% below projections

Still looking forward to your professional services in a widely public setting that then amateurs can post their counter-predictions.

Come on. We have faith in you.

do_it.gif.f56c09ec013fad32f3935389844c15f2.gif

Edited by Bosco685

On 7/15/2023 at 9:16 AM, TupennyConan said:

I'll be looking for the usual 3.

1. Hatred of the source material.

2. Woke.

3. Inappropriate adult humor.

All of this is likely.

Because it's a Greta Gerwig film. After Lady Bird and Little Women, there's exactly *zero* chance this isn't subversive satire.

And nobody should be surprised when it easily outdoes Oppenheimer next weekend.

On 7/15/2023 at 10:37 AM, Gatsby77 said:

All of this is likely.

Because it's a Greta Gerwig film. After Lady Bird and Little Women, there's exactly *zero* chance this isn't subversive satire.

the way this is being hyped, it could have a shot at biggest domestic BO this summer

On 7/15/2023 at 1:37 PM, Gatsby77 said:

All of this is likely.

I wouldn't be surprised, but could see both doing very well. There are some Barbenheimer parties and screenings happening near me. 

On 7/16/2023 at 10:46 AM, Bosco685 said:

How are supposed to know what Ken is even like?  He's a motionless doll.

I've seen they way he's depicted in the "Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse" cartoon as my kids watched it and he's ditzy/goofy there.  He mostly looks that way in the trailer as well, so I guess that cartoon depiction is what he's referring to and went for.  Not sure where that take came from.

Review embargo lifts Tuesday at 7PM.  Or at least I think it does, it was supposed to lift July 13th but got rescheduled to the 17th.  Usually that's a bad sign, but this time I suspect there's some other reason than the usual one of the studio being worried about critics hammering it.