• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

From the NY Times : Vincent Zurzolo article
5 5

83 posts in this topic

On 5/7/2022 at 9:12 AM, AJD said:

You'll need to catch up. I've not read it four times already.

(Sorry Corey :foryou:

I think I unknowingly started a Friday Thread :kidaround:

No worries, I think somewhere in there Vinny was trying to impart some wisdom on how to become a Titan in the comic game, but everyone here missed it.

Moisturizer :idea:

On 5/7/2022 at 8:24 AM, fmaz said:

Being quite familiar with the newspaper industry, I know, at some point, this all began with the the following sentence:

”I have an idea for a story.”

What on God’s green earth was the NEXT sentence? 

I don't know, but the last one was probably:

"What a GREAT idea!  STOP THE PRESSES!!  Send a reporter and a photographer over there immediately!"  

Edited by pemart1966

On 5/6/2022 at 10:09 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Quite frankly, the most impressive thing about Mr. Zurzolo is that he got 10 cents from his mom and somehow managed to turn that into a 25 cent comic book.

GR - 19.jpg

Maybe he had 15 cents on him and needed the dime from his mother, had to beg for it of course... 

I remember his market reports on him turning vegan cause he watched something on animals about how they got turned into burgers and pork chops.  Now he's eating eggs, chicken and sardines.   

On 5/7/2022 at 11:10 AM, Robot Man said:

No matter what you think about them, Vinnie and Chuck are smart guys. They know how to promote themselves and the hobby. I know them both and once you get over the “showmanship”, they are both pretty cool guys who still truly love the medium. Unlike a lot of dealers, they haven’t been burned out. They have both been able to have successful careers in an industry they love. That is admirable. 

Vincent and his Comic Zone Radio will always be at the top of my admiration list. He has some pretty cool posts on Facebook, too. Lots of positive energy with him. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 5/7/2022 at 5:24 AM, fmaz said:

Being quite familiar with the newspaper industry, I know, at some point, this all began with the the following sentence:

”I have an idea for a story.”

What on God’s green earth was the NEXT sentence? 

Being even more familiar with the newspaper industry, I believe the editors of the NYT owe all of you an apology.