• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steve B is joining Mycomicshop
2 2

173 posts in this topic

On 5/17/2022 at 7:11 PM, Sigur Ros said:

Clearly he is, and that doesn't answer the question whatsoever.

Then I don't understand, I thought you were saying something along the lines of "Why do you care what people think in a community you're not involved in" Which I could understand

If you also assumed he frequently visits the CBCS forums, then obviously he has opinions and cares what people in a community he interacts with thinks?

Do you not have any care about what people think in communities you consider yourself a part of?

Edited by JC25427N
missed a word

On 5/17/2022 at 7:16 PM, JC25427N said:

Then I don't understand, I thought you were saying something along the lines of "Why do you care what people think in a community you're not involved in" Which I could understand

If you also assumed he frequently visits the CBCS forums, then obviously he has opinions and cares what people in a community he interacts with thinks?

Do you not have any care about what people say in communities you consider yourself a part of?

I wonder, as I asked, why he cares who is "Stan'ing" Borock.

On 5/17/2022 at 7:36 PM, mycomicshop said:

Appreciate it, but I'm willing to acknowledge some fair constructive criticism. Our site is better than Mile High's, but our last major design update was 2010 and our current site design isn't mobile friendly. I'd love for us to get an updated mobile-friendly design out there, and we will get to it at some point, but so far it just hasn't moved to the front of our priority list compared to other things we could be working on. Our site design is from 2010, but in lots of other areas we've grown and improved tremendously since 2010.

I think I've just gotten used to using it over the years, and have a certain level of comfort with the design. I gave up trying to use Mile High's with any type of efficiency long ago. Your site has still come quite a way from the days of your buying at that moment being color-coded by the age of the comics and all of that. The new function to see comparable books on Ebay is great also.

On 5/17/2022 at 6:53 PM, Sigur Ros said:

Very curious.

Why do you care who likes who over on a different forum ?

Just speculating on the impact on CGCs lone competitor. Always interested in the greater market/hobby. CGC doesn't exist in isolation.

On 5/17/2022 at 6:36 PM, mycomicshop said:

Appreciate it, but I'm willing to acknowledge some fair constructive criticism. Our site is better than Mile High's, but our last major design update was 2010 and our current site design isn't mobile friendly. I'd love for us to get an updated mobile-friendly design out there, and we will get to it at some point, but so far it just hasn't moved to the front of our priority list compared to other things we could be working on. Our site design is from 2010, but in lots of other areas we've grown and improved tremendously since 2010.

On 5/17/2022 at 6:48 PM, adampasz said:

Please be careful. A lot of mobile-oriented redesigns end up making the desktop experience worse.

I am very used to the current site design. It is extremely fast and easy to use, and it is manageable on a phone.

Comiclink and MCS are easy to manage on the phone too.  All other websites are not friendly use on the phone.

On 5/17/2022 at 7:21 PM, JollyComics said:

Comiclink and MCS are easy to manage on the phone too.  All other websites are not friendly use on the phone.

seal with it

On 5/17/2022 at 4:36 PM, mycomicshop said:

Just my opinion, and I don't really use mobile, but this seems like it would be a pretty high priority.

That is huge news. He's a good guy, I hope he's happy at MCS.