• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Throwing Money Away
6 6

120 posts in this topic

On 6/27/2022 at 1:27 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I think it's more of an influx of speculators (new dealers/collectors) submitting books that probably shouldn't have been submitted - their are just submitting books to submit.

I agree hector. These guys don't know what they are doing and slabbing any thing. Mostly modern drek that has no potential 

Thats how I win books like Aargh 4 in CGC 3.5 for a dollar. One auction house I used had increments of $1, $11, $21, ect  so if you were the first bidder, you'd win when no one was willing to go to $11.  It took them awhile to realize how much money that were leaving on the table.

On 6/27/2022 at 4:34 PM, jsilverjanet said:

with these results, those grades, will those individuals keep submitting?

giphy.gif

There is a significant portion of the collecting market that wants to slab everything...

Seriously... 

I remember watching a few videos where a guy would do an unboxing and then pat himself on the back by saying that his non key moderns came back 7.5, 8.5, 9.2 and so on... but that he was happy to just have them in a slab since they looked nice with the notes.

Some people will slab anything. 

Edited by Buzzetta