• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Overstreet out today, haven't gotten my copy yet...
3 3

102 posts in this topic

On 7/20/2022 at 11:38 PM, lou_fine said:

After a long day of running all over the city, finally sat down and cracked open the new edition of the Overstreet Guide.  (thumbsu

It totally floored me as it looks like they finally went from the Dark Ages to the 21st Century as with all of the B&W comic covers at the top of every other page are now printed in full beautiful blazing color.  Needless to say, a big big improvement in terms of just the look and presentation of the whole book, let alone some of the very surprising and rather un-Overstreet like percentage price increases on some of the hot GA and SA books during the past few years.  Relative to previous editions of the guide over the past few years, kudos to the Overstreet group for a job well done and well worth the 20% price increase. :applause:

And for those who tend to buy the guide only once every few years because they are always the same old, same old, this is most definitely the year to be picking one up. :gossip: 

Quit drilling, you already struck oil! Where can I buy a copy? 

On 7/20/2022 at 10:04 PM, Professor K said:

Quit drilling, you already struck oil! Where can I buy a copy? 

Like always, I assume they would be available at all of your larger neighborhood local comic shops.  (thumbsu

Rather surprisingly, the LCS which I went to had mostly the more multi-color EC cover version, as opposed to the dark unicolor Winter Soldier cover version.  The LCS owner said it was pretty much a no-brainer this year as to which was the better cover, and very appropriate as the bright blue, green, and red coloured outfits for the EC Horror Hosts is an apt sampling of the coloured interiors on every other page as you flip through the guide.  :applause:

On 7/20/2022 at 2:08 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Golden Age Caps took a big jump.  #3 finally jumped in front of #2

As I've stated here every year when the guide comes out, FINALLY.......it's about time as Overstreet really should have done this a whole decade ago. :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

On 7/20/2022 at 2:08 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

LB Cole Masks 1 & 2 took a big jump

Now, that's an understatement considering the huge percentage increases he had already given to these 2 books a couple of years ago.  I guess he just couldn't ignore the seemingly never ending auction sales for these two books during the past couple of years and jacked their valuations up by 67% and 185% respectively.  Another L.B. Cole classic cover, albeit with fewer sales, that took the same 185% leap was his Blue Bolt 105 classic si-fi cover which jumped from $3,500 all the way up to $10K in his top of guide valuation.  :whatthe:

From his Top 100 GA Chart, the one that took the biggest percentage leap was the Fantastic 3 with the classic robot cover which jumped by a full 100% in top of guide, although the only sales that I was aware of were the very few entry level sales that took place at Heritage in 2021.  No surprise though that even as the bottom of guide for this book jumped up by a very strong 80%+ for this year's guide, all 3 of the entry level sales at Heritage still took place at a multiple to the new 2022 condition guide valuation. (thumbsu 

Edited by lou_fine

On 7/21/2022 at 2:57 PM, RareHighGrade said:

It would be great if someone could post a scan of the list of Top 100 GA Books so that we could get a sense of the increases inaccuracies. 

:foryou:

On 7/21/2022 at 11:59 AM, adamstrange said:
On 7/21/2022 at 11:57 AM, RareHighGrade said:

It would be great if someone could post a scan of the list of Top 100 GA Books so that we could get a sense of the increases inaccuracies. 

:foryou:

And yet, most likely due to the lower starting price point, it's the books outside the Top 100 that seem to have the largest percentage prices increase as evident by the Mask 2 and Blue Bolt 105 as mentioned in my previous post above.  (thumbsu

anyone check out the other new Overstreet announcement?  They have started an online calling / valuation app.  All the info about each comic, artists, storylines etc etc plus Guide pricing.  Seems like the prices are calculated based on the Guide pricing, but do the values only update once a year?  There's been  change in the collector apps world of late and maybe they have an opening.  But the others kept updating values based on sales data, which was one of the hurdles they never seemed to surmount.  But annual pricing updates flies in the face of 2022 collecting, doesn't it?

Edited by Aman619

On 7/21/2022 at 3:17 PM, Aman619 said:

anyone check out the other new Overstreet announcement?  They have started an online calling / valuation app.  All the info about each comic, artists, storylines etc etc plus Guide pricing.  Seems like the prices are calculated based on the Guide pricing, but do the values only update once a year?  There's been  change in the collector apps world of late and maybe they have an opening.  But the others kept updating values based on sales data, which was one of the hurdles they never seemed to surmount.  But annual pricing updates flies in the face of 2022 collecting, doesn't it?

That's the epitome of Overstreet.  Wait 25 years to catch up to things being online, and then basically offer the same product only online.  This sounds like a .pdf version of the guide.  "But it's online!"