• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's AVENGERS 5 - TITLE TBD (TBD)
8 8

365 posts in this topic

On 12/18/2023 at 5:29 PM, drotto said:

He was found guilty on the more minor charges and was exonerated of the more sever assault charges.  He still faces up to 1 year in prison during  sentencing in February. 

I was just agreeing with Love that now that he's been found guilty it's free game. 

I hope he gets the help he needs to not continue down this path. 

On 12/18/2023 at 5:54 PM, drotto said:

Regardless of his ultimate sentence, his acting career is over.

I don’t think the “minor” offenses will haunt him forever.  He obviously wont be working for Marvel any longer but he is young and I’m sure we will see him in stuff in the future.

On 12/18/2023 at 6:10 PM, 1Cool said:

I don’t think the “minor” offenses will haunt him forever.  He obviously wont be working for Marvel any longer but he is young and I’m sure we will see him in stuff in the future.

Nate Parker got cancelled in 2016 for a trial that had happened 23 years earlier where he was found not guilty.  Doesn't mean Majors won't work, but if Parker is a canary in the coal mine then I wouldn't bet on it.

On 12/18/2023 at 3:25 PM, fantastic_four said:

Nate Parker got cancelled in 2016 for a trial that had happened 23 years earlier where he was found not guilty.  Doesn't mean Majors won't work, but if Parker is a canary in the coal mine then I wouldn't bet on it.

The level of irrationality human beings may bring to bear on a situation is pretty hard to predict.

On 12/18/2023 at 6:25 PM, fantastic_four said:

then I wouldn't bet on it.

Domestic violence convictions aren’t taken lightly in NY State Supreme Court in Manhattan County even for misdemeanor convictions. It’s still a crime punishable by up to a year in jail at sentencing. The fact that the jury didn’t find he intentionally caused her injury isn’t much of a mitigating factor when you consider that the jury found her injuries were caused by his lack of self control essentially which is really just as bad. 

On 12/18/2023 at 6:10 PM, 1Cool said:

Has Johney Depp really come back?

Has Will Smith?

Has Mel Gibson?

It is going ro be a very hard road, and he was nowhere near these individuals.

On 12/18/2023 at 6:55 PM, drotto said:

I don't know. His was not about final confirmed abuse, but more he took the abuse and allowed that to lead into heavy drug and alcohol addiction to numb himself. So where she claimed abuse, once those audio tapes came out it made it appear reversed what was taking place. To include her daring him to bring it to court so he could be embarrassed as a man.

On 12/18/2023 at 8:25 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

That was fast. Marvel/ Disney didn`t mess around.  I knew there would be repercussions, but didn`t think they would fire him from that role that fast. 

I suspect the decision was made months ago, but was not announced until the guilty verdict.  This was almost too quick.

On 12/18/2023 at 8:39 PM, drotto said:
On 12/18/2023 at 8:25 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

That was fast. Marvel/ Disney didn`t mess around.  I knew there would be repercussions, but didn`t think they would fire him from that role that fast. 

I suspect the decision was made months ago, but was not announced until the guilty verdict.  This was almost too quick.

This may have been a blessing in disguise as from what I've been reading, Kang wasn't a very convincing villain. 

It'll be interesting to see what comes next...but maybe this speeds up Doom's timeline?

That's a villain who even in comic books has managed to transcend just earth in his conquests. It certainly opens huge doors, and frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if they were fleshing out details since the 1st news of this assault charge. 

If you need to turn around one of the world's largest ships because there's an iceberg ahead, you start early. 

On 12/18/2023 at 6:55 PM, drotto said:

Johnny Depp doesn't GAF. 

He even said so. He openly stated he has NO USE for them and that while everyone else is willing to follow the person in front of them, he'll be somewhere else on the other side of it. 

He made a quarter of a Billion in 5 Disney movies alone. 

He's been the biggest star in the world, he's dated the most popular women in the world, he plays in a world famous rock band with some of the world's most famous rock stars, he owns an island, he owns almost an entire block in Hollywood. 

What more does Depp need?

I think he just wants to live his life in peace and do his thing and never be touched by something like this again. I feel like that at my age (which is not far from his) I'd want the same things and I haven't had half the troubles he's had. 

Edited by VintageComics

On 12/18/2023 at 8:50 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

Did I miss something? What band?

He plays guitar with Alice Cooper and Joe Perry in Hollywood Vampires. He's been in that band for years. 

On 12/18/2023 at 4:55 PM, drotto said:

He plays guitar in a super cheesy cologne commercial on Hulu - does that count?