• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SDCC 2022 Report or How My Feet Hurt
2 2

88 posts in this topic

I spent a couple of hours in the original art area.  I really could spend a whole day there.

On my way back to the comic book area, there was a large crowd around a celebrity signing.  I took her picture, but I have no idea who she is.  Does anyone recognize her?  

There was a Star Wars area that was kind of fun.  Take a look...

Pic 64.JPG

Pic 66.JPG

Pic 66a.JPG

Pic 66b.JPG

On 7/25/2022 at 12:43 PM, thehumantorch said:

Great report.  I love your day by day reporting and love the pics.  I went once and had a great time, every comic collector should go at least once.  Also looks like there are a lot of comics for sale at the show. 

Yes, I thought there was a ton of books in the room.

For years, attending SDCC was on my bucket list. As I have aged, I have a tendency to set things down, and then forget to pick them back up. For example, when I attended C2E2 in 2020, I left a tote bag with several valuable comics in it (FF #48 CGC 6.5 was one). When I finally remembered that I hadn't picked up, I went back to the dealer's booth, and he had set it aside. I thanked him profusely, and I then tied the handles around my arm so I couldn't do that again.

C2E2 in 2020 was quite overwhelming for me. I don't think I could handle the crowds at SDCC nowadays, so my trip to SDCC has been crossed off my bucket list.

Thank you for your great report. I hope to continue to live vicariously through you in the future. (thumbsu

Edited by Math Teacher

@Bumble Kitty thanks for an awesome report! just what was needed here. what was your impression of overall sales from all those dealers you hung out with? it's all doom and gloom on the boards these days, but it looked like a typical, super busy show. do you kniw if many books were moving?

Great report! So much Golden Age eye candy! Thanks for taking so many pics, @Bumble Kitty.

Looks well-attended by the major dealers. Hope they all did well in sales.

Loved seeing that AC1... and very curious to see what emerges out of Harley's new collection.

I've been to SDCC only once before... in 1995... would love to do it again one of these days.

Edited by gumption

On 7/25/2022 at 2:46 PM, Browns81 said:

Looks like a lot of fun!  How were prices overall?  Any steals?

There were a couple of books that I thought had crazy prices on them.  There were other books that were priced right that I was interested in, but I could not afford.  When I went back to look at them, they were sold.

For me, my best deals were with Bunky.  I was treated very well.  In my emotional happiness, I forgot to take pics of his booth.  doh!