• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

...I'm out!
3 3

37 posts in this topic

On 7/26/2022 at 6:09 PM, BabaLament said:

Hello all!

Well, this has been an awesome journey, getting to know boardies, shop owners, other collectors, and random cool people at conventions. However, as of late the collection has become so large that its unwieldly, and I don't have the time or space to attend to it properly. So, to paraphrase Major League, "I sold the whole (Censored) thing." 5 boxes of slabs, 15 short boxes, 15 long boxes, an entire set of Star Wars LEGO, replica lightsabers, patridge, pear tree, eight tiny reindeer.

The only things I am keeping are the Funko Pop's, original artwork, blank cover sketches, and the first set of books I bought with my dad that started the whole thing, Aliens/Predator: Deadliest of the Species.

The buyer is a gentleman who is going to make sure the books find a good home, and I'm of the opinion that they're better off making someone happy out in the world than they are collecting dust in my storage room.

I'm still here for the Pop's, and I love the art & stories of my favorite comics, but this is the end of the road when it comes to collecting.

Dang!!! 

A729A26A-1C21-4F01-8CD8-BA88DC62B0D2.gif

On 7/26/2022 at 7:09 PM, BabaLament said:

Hello all!

Well, this has been an awesome journey, getting to know boardies, shop owners, other collectors, and random cool people at conventions. However, as of late the collection has become so large that its unwieldly, and I don't have the time or space to attend to it properly. So, to paraphrase Major League, "I sold the whole (Censored) thing." 5 boxes of slabs, 15 short boxes, 15 long boxes, an entire set of Star Wars LEGO, replica lightsabers, patridge, pear tree, eight tiny reindeer.

The only things I am keeping are the Funko Pop's, original artwork, blank cover sketches, and the first set of books I bought with my dad that started the whole thing, Aliens/Predator: Deadliest of the Species.

The buyer is a gentleman who is going to make sure the books find a good home, and I'm of the opinion that they're better off making someone happy out in the world than they are collecting dust in my storage room.

I'm still here for the Pop's, and I love the art & stories of my favorite comics, but this is the end of the road when it comes to collecting.

Good timing, you beat the rate hike by a day! Being free of a burden is a great feeling, hope you enjoy  🥳

Well if it's not too tempting you could still hang out on the boards, but it might be. I'm sad to see you go, but with having things in the mail and or other so steadily, I wish you luck on quitting cold turkey.

Lord willing the pops and artwork fuel the thrill enough! 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Hope you got a wad and made it to the bank, there will be thoroughfare enough with what you have left to discuss and make do with. There is an original art part of the forum too.

If you made profit, no harm in starting from scratch in other cgc forum avenues, but I'm wondering if this is goodbye or just a simmer down?

On 7/26/2022 at 6:36 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hope you got a wad and made it to the bank, there will be thoroughfare enough with what you have left to discuss and make do with. There is an original art part of the forum too.

If you made profit, no harm in starting from scratch in other cgc forum avenues, but I'm wondering if this is goodbye or just a simmer down?

I’m not getting an FDQ vibe. (shrug)

On 7/26/2022 at 7:41 PM, Galen130 said:

I’m not getting an FDQ vibe. (shrug)

Well I wouldnt use that specific acronym as it mean blanking drama queen. It may be an "exit" but I dont see any drama in it. :cheers:

Past couple of posts was about his collection being large, and it wasnt a brag but a its unmanageable and would excel help. 

That in mind, maybe parting is easier 

On 7/26/2022 at 6:47 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well I wouldnt use that specific acronym as it mean blanking drama queen. It may be an "exit" but I dont see any drama in it. :cheers:

Past couple of posts was about his collection being large, and it wasnt a brag but a its unmanageable and would excel help. 

That in mind, maybe parting is easier 

Agreed.  More ‘it’s time to get out from under this’ than ‘the comic industry has gone to hell and I quit!!’ (thumbsu

On 7/26/2022 at 7:18 PM, BabaLament said:

@ADAMANTIUM @Galen130 @KirbyTown Thanks guys! It wasn't a snap decision, or any kind of financial situation that forced us into selling; more like the time is right, the storage room was packed to the gills, and we've been in the hobby long enough to realize where we get the most joy out of it. We enjoy having custom commissions made, buying original art, and getting to know artists & writers who are starting out/breaking into the business. I have more fun trading snarky conversation with Gerry Conway than I do occasionally cracking a storage bin and dusting off the ASM 129, same with a number of other artists & authors. I'm eternally grateful that the hobby has allowed me to meet & befriend a lot of really awesome people. For now, that's enough. Oh, and the Marvel Funko Pop's. I'll still be collecting those. :bigsmile:

:golfclap::golfclap:(worship)

On 7/26/2022 at 8:09 PM, BabaLament said:

Hello all!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Well done.  Right before the pain hits in a few months

I here you on the sell and focus on what makes u happy. I am kinda currently contemplating the same thing. Was taking it easy on comic purchase but got pulled into statue collecting which is just as deadly lol.. but kinda walking the line between the both. 
 Best wishes.

Best wishes for the future, mate, and in glad you've made the right decision for you, taking into account your circumstances, both present and future.