• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen stan lee signed comic and more
4 4

41 posts in this topic

On 8/3/2022 at 2:46 PM, RawVegan Justin said:

Yeah that’s very true I know that sharing all the information will just be kind of pointless to the police, I can provide receipts proof of ownership, and previous original owner ship can attest that these items are mine, The officer told me that these items were going to be red flagged, To me that’s pretty for good me, I just wanna make sure that these comics/items are clearly my items and will always be my comic/items

When were they stolen? Where were they stolen from? How were they stolen?

How did the items get from A to B in your story? Your story isn't making much sense to those of us with detective skills.

On 8/4/2022 at 7:13 AM, Domo Arigato said:

Guys....look.....I've spoken to the individual that started this thread.  These books are taken and they are not in possession.  The notification to the police and once the auction house is given the red flag, then they will have full disclosure.  The books are going up for auction and the buyer has them, so they can't be returned until the police get involved.  The report is on record, so once it is finalized, then the matter is settled.

I seriously don't know how we can make this any clearer ! ! ! 

You thank.

Regards Best Are.

Don't 'red flags' have to do with guns, taking guns away from dangerous people?

I have known several people who had collections stolen...police never mentioned 'red flags'. And in each case it was entirely up to the person in possession of the comics to give them up. This is because there is basically no way to determine chain of evidence with stolen comics ...i.e. it's difficult to determine 100 % that the items weren't sold legitimately so it's basically your word against the word of those in possession.

Anyway, good luck 

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 8/4/2022 at 4:13 AM, Domo Arigato said:

Guys....look.....I've spoken to the individual that started this thread.  These books are taken and they are not in possession.  The notification to the police and once the auction house is given the red flag, then they will have full disclosure.  The books are going up for auction and the buyer has them, so they can't be returned until the police get involved.  The report is on record, so once it is finalized, then the matter is settled.

This seems fairly clear in terms what is next, but doesn't really clear up why the initial posts were garbled and seemingly full of contradictions, although I can certainly understand posting something out of emotion (anger about the auction) and not really being clear, especially if English is a second or third language..

But I still don't understand why the post (maybe not the first post but certainly the second) wasn't:

"My name is _____.  These items were stolen from me on DATE from LOCATION (general, don't need specific address).  If you have purchased these from this AUCTION (or know who has), hold on to the items and please contact POLICE with reference to CASE NUMBER.  Do not notify the AUCTION HOUSE as I suspect they may be complicit in the crime.  If you or anyone has information regarding any of the other stolen items, please contact the police.  Thanks so much for your help."

So I honestly cannot believe I am answering this. I still feel the need to clear this up. I was contacted by the OP on July 27th, asked him for a police report # or for the name of a detective. Never got an answer. Then I called him a week later, got the fake police report number and verified it was false with the police in the town he stated it was in. I then posted on here to attempt to clear the air, and all I received was an angry email from the OP that I have no business posting here, and actually accused me of stealing these items from his room to sell (I should mention he told me originally they were stolen from his car). We have contracts on each and every consignor, and if I was contacted by the proper authorities I would gladly turn over the information. I have not been. It has been almost a month since he told me there was a police report, and yet I have received no communication from any police. I should also clear up these items were sold months ago. I believe the OP to be a scammer, and have taken my own steps and contacted the proper authorities. 

On 8/21/2022 at 2:04 PM, MaureenB said:

So I honestly cannot believe I am answering this. I still feel the need to clear this up. I was contacted by the OP on July 27th, asked him for a police report # or for the name of a detective. Never got an answer. Then I called him a week later, got the fake police report number and verified it was false with the police in the town he stated it was in. I then posted on here to attempt to clear the air, and all I received was an angry email from the OP that I have no business posting here, and actually accused me of stealing these items from his room to sell (I should mention he told me originally they were stolen from his car). We have contracts on each and every consignor, and if I was contacted by the proper authorities I would gladly turn over the information. I have not been. It has been almost a month since he told me there was a police report, and yet I have received no communication from any police. I should also clear up these items were sold months ago. I believe the OP to be a scammer, and have taken my own steps and contacted the proper authorities. 

Are there red flags? 

On 7/29/2022 at 9:13 AM, RawVegan Justin said:

I thought thses comic books were lost and gone, but then I found that they were being auctioned off I’ve already reported to the police and have had them flagged as stolen, If you happen to own these comic books please return them back to the original auction company you purchased them from, do not buy if you see them online being sold, there is a police report on this item, I have not told the auction house the correct information as I am letting this be handled by the police, These comics will be red flagged a stolen, I have talk to a police officer if anybody would like the number of the police officer I will not be providing the information on here as like I said I am only allowing this to be handled by the police, I noticed that this webpage changed when I posted this as I think that the auction house is deceiving people and I believe they know that this items were stolen as I can prove receipts and I can also prove that these comics were in my position in New Jersey which is where the items were stolenhttps://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/126921893_spider-geddon-0-cgc-graded-98-signed

0111DA8C-157B-449F-89EB-23EE29CBB87A.png

2A613698-19AD-45DE-B28F-CD732A66B244.png

0BF0BA11-61DD-4626-A953-73A68BD016A2.png

hm

For those asking about “red flags”, I believe any item reported as stolen can be entered into NCIC.  Whether or not that actually happened in this instance seems questionable.

On 8/21/2022 at 12:10 AM, ExNihilo said:

Not that it matters much since OP doesn't seem to come to the boards often, but does this qualify for probation list or anything?

okysascnutjr9vpzw4sg.thumb.webp.3ecca7a73c7243497254f98e99fd755a.webp

No transaction related to this occurred on the CGC Boards.  For all we know the original poster may have:

• Sold them and forgotten
  • Have some underlying issues that would explain the apparent thought process and actions.
  • Actually have them had them stolen and the thief passed them on with the new owner legitimately consigning them .  (Hey I've seen it before)
  • Actually have gone to the police and they gave him some basic information and said they would "look into it" and returned to their day.  My local precinct has been known to do that a few times in the past as they do not want to be involved or it's not worth the time.  (Prove something happened that we didn't take a record of.)
  • Any combination of the above.

So yeah, who knows what's going on?

On 8/21/2022 at 2:04 PM, MaureenB said:

If he lives in his car, his car is both his room and his car, easily explaining away that inconsistency, your Honour. 

Your witness, Councillor. 

On 8/4/2022 at 9:13 PM, Domo Arigato said:

1494353524_200w(4).gif.a704d000f0c8b3692bb78098bed9c34e.gif.3b367dd4b86aa047aa4a4f557779e68e.gif

On 8/20/2022 at 10:04 PM, MaureenB said:

Appreciate that you're trying to clear this up.

This is a very strange thread.  The OP seems sincere but his posts are rather strange and incomplete.  If he has contacted the police and has a police report # it shouldn't be hard for the police to contact you or for you to contact the police.