• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Shipping Policy
1 1

14 posts in this topic

I decided to post this on the message board to both get a response from CGC but also to see what experiences others have had or what solutions they have found. This is about shipping via Fed Ex. The concern is around delivery during periods when the recipient is away (on business trip, vacation, etc.). When my situation calls for me being away I do use the USPS “Mail Hold” capability and it has worked fine over the years. I also do have a Fed Ex account and will use their Delivery Manager Hold capability. That has also worked fine – except it seems for packages sent from CGC. There has been some coding of CGC shipments that negates the Hold. Some language like “Shipper does not allow this”.  In late 2021 I got notice of a CGC delivery to come while I was away. I could not put a hold on that shipment. Fed Ex tried multiple times to deliver the package to me even though my account did have a Hold enabled. After the 3 attempts it went back to their facility and the notation was it would be return to the shipper after a few more days. Fortunately I arrived home just before that point and had to drive to my local Fed Ex facility and wait for them to find the package and hand it over to me.

Look we all want our collectibles protected and delivered only to the designated recipient. Not just left out unattended on our porches. But it never made sense for CGC to disallow the recipient from putting a hold on the delivery. The package is going to remain at the Fed Ex location anyway for up to a week during delivery attempts and their extra holding period. This is really no different from an explicit Hold during which the package remains at the Fed Ex location.

What suggestions or options exist when the recipient is going to be away? Or, can CGC shipping change their coding to allow Fed Ex “Hold” to be enabled? That would alleviate the problem/concern.

I have to go out of town for a week next month coming up around the time I might have a CGC order completed. So I’m already concerned what is going to happen.

• Administrator

Hello! 

Due to the nature of the collectibles, CGC does not allow holds or changes to a shipment once it has been sent. This is to ensure the packages are received by the intended recipient as quickly and safely as possible. If you know that you will be away, CGC will hold the package at our facility until you return if necessary. We only require an email from the account on file. This can be sent to service@cgccomics.com. Thank you. 

On 8/4/2022 at 10:43 AM, CMatthews said:

Hello! 

Due to the nature of the collectibles, CGC does not allow holds or changes to a shipment once it has been sent. This is to ensure the packages are received by the intended recipient as quickly and safely as possible. If you know that you will be away, CGC will hold the package at our facility until you return if necessary. We only require an email from the account on file. This can be sent to service@cgccomics.com. Thank you. 

Thank you for this as this is very timely as I will be away myself.  At what stage/status should we notify CGC if we want books to be held?  My books just went to Grading/Quality Control today ( They went to G/E/I earlier this week.)  If I recall, the next status will Shipped.

Edited by waynemel

On 8/4/2022 at 8:39 AM, waynemel said:

At what stage/status should we notify CGC if we want books to be held?  My books just went to Grading/Quality Control today ( They went to G/E/I earlier this week.)  If I recall, the next status will Shipped.

This is a great question. I travel a lot for business and it would be useful to understand when to inform CGC to hold nascent shipments.

On 8/4/2022 at 10:43 AM, CMatthews said:

Hello! 

Hi, I tried to send email to the address mentioned but was rejected.  No issues when sending to other accounts like signature series.  Can you check or provide another account?

Your message to submissions@cgccomics.com couldn't be delivered.

Security or policy settings at cgccomics.com have rejected your message.

On 8/5/2022 at 9:28 AM, CMatthews said:

Hello again, 

The correct email is service@cgccomics.com. 

@CMatthewshi I did use the correct email & that is the message I get. Who can I contact about hold since the address does not work & references another in the reply I pasted. 

Edited by waynemel

On 8/5/2022 at 11:43 AM, waynemel said:

@CMatthewshi I did use the correct email & that is the message I get. Who can I contact about hold since the address does not work & references another in the reply I pasted. 

The image in your previous post says you sent it to "submissions@cgccomics.com" and not "service@cgccomics.com."

• Administrator

@waynemel we are looking into the possible server issue with our emails now and hope to have this resolved ASAP. In the meantime, you may contact customer service directly at 941-360-3990 and let them know that you had tried to email the request already. 

On 8/5/2022 at 3:44 PM, Engr62 said:

The image in your previous post says you sent it to "submissions@cgccomics.com" and not "service@cgccomics.com."

yes, that is the problem. I did send to the correct email address but the reply shows incorrect email.

On 8/5/2022 at 4:26 PM, CMatthews said:

@waynemel we are looking into the possible server issue with our emails now and hope to have this resolved ASAP. In the meantime, you may contact customer service directly at 941-360-3990 and let them know that you had tried to email the request already. 

OK, thanks.  

Sorry for this delayed reply for my original post. I'm glad that CGC does seem to offer some unadvertised option that may help this type of situation. Gaard's comment was also on target. The bottom line is that this is an (easy) opportunity for improved customer service in my opinion. As originally noted even if you are not away for vacation, etc. if you miss the FED Ex driver delivery on any given day they take it back to their facility for the evening and try again the next day. And the day after if necessary. It truly has the same result as allowing a standard Hold to be used. This has to be easier for everyone. Whether the package is at FED Ex for 1 day or 2 days or 7 days (due to a Hold) the ultimate delivery is made with the signature/customer confirmation. Which is what we all want.

On 8/5/2022 at 3:26 PM, CMatthews said:

Glad there is an acknowledgment of the bounced emails.  The response I got on August 4th was “I don’t see an error on our end and no one else has reported an issue.” Hope it can be resolved otherwise I just call now to get a response the past few weeks.