• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/10/2022 at 6:14 PM, ExNihilo said:

Stray Dogs asked to be left out of it because their book was approved by Image and has a different bar code.  It's nothing like this scenario where one version of a book was approved and then subsequently altered without Marvel's approval.

Yes.

The guy said there were only 2 staples so I let him know that is incorrect.

It seems quite clear that CGC isn't going to address the 'pay for grades' question...it's been a few of days now since the suspicion was first raised. I wonder if BF would be more receptive to questions?

On 8/10/2022 at 7:03 PM, Gaard said:

It seems quite clear that CGC isn't going to address the 'pay for grades' question...it's been a few of days now since the suspicion was first raised. I wonder if BF would be more receptive to questions?

I'd imagine if this kind of behind the scenes deal went on there would have to be an NDA in place

On 8/10/2022 at 2:25 PM, GetEmLuke said:

The thing Ive always hated about FanExpo Dallas is that the vendors get 1st shot at any exclusive. They buy the good ones and immediately mark up. Just the nature I guess but I should know better than to go after Con Exclusives.

I agree I think variant exclusives should be for attendees first! I personally havent even tried to get a con exclusive in probably 10 years now.