• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/12/2022 at 12:37 PM, wombat said:

Because its not the book behind the acetate. 

Correct - this was my point, which I obviously made badly - that these 'reprints' have been made to a different standard OR they are getting gift grades $$$$

They are either suspiciously made better than the originals or they have been graded much kinder.

On 8/11/2022 at 10:42 PM, wombat said:

This could be the thread that gets Blackstone to shut down the forum. 

They will make it a pay to play and create their own comic exchange first. 

On 8/11/2022 at 10:47 PM, Beige said:

Correct - this was my point, which I obviously made badly - that these 'reprints' have been made to a different standard OR they are getting gift grades $$$$

They are either suspiciously made better than the originals or they have been graded much kinder.

Wait.  Is CGC not grading the acetate?  I assumed they were grading these the same way they graded the invisible comics which were just acetate.

Or are they supposed to be ignoring the acetate cover and grading the book underneath?

On 8/11/2022 at 10:47 PM, Buzzetta said:
On 8/11/2022 at 10:42 PM, wombat said:

his could be the thread that gets Blackstone to shut down the forum. 

They will make it a pay to play and create their own comic exchange first.

Same thing. :nyah:

On 8/11/2022 at 7:52 PM, wiparker824 said:

This thread will all be worth it if at the end we can answer the question of “Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???”. Carry on.

price are clime a bit.

On 8/11/2022 at 10:58 PM, toro said:

Over 60 and have never watched one episode of Law and Order, but I stream a lot of other things.  Currently watching Paper Girls on Amazon.

Any good or should I put my 9.8 up for sale in the forum or comiclink? 

On 8/11/2022 at 9:42 PM, wombat said:

This could be the thread that gets Blackstone to shut down the forum. 

Considering this is being plastered and discussed all over social media, they're going to need to shut down the internet.

They'd be better off just admitting they screwed up and take measures to correct it.

On 8/11/2022 at 9:47 PM, Beige said:

Apparently you need more of the reasons. Okay

The original was polybagged. This can cause grading issues.

The original was mostly widely distributed, not kept together by a single, original buyer (retailer).

The original was barely submitted at first. Just over 100 copies in the first 2+ years. It was nothing very special, nor was it treated as such.

None of this invalidates concerns about the grades for the acetate-covered crap, but there is no comparison to be made.