• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/13/2022 at 6:27 AM, Coverless 9.8 said:

According to Bleeding Cool, Black Flag are indeed selling the new acetate books in Boston, but only to fellow vendors!  One can only conclude that there's been no cease and desist from Marvel!  

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/black-flag-at-fan-expo-boston-but-not-selling-their-acetate-variants/

Yep, supposedly under the table and only to specific vendors/influencers. Can’t get more “bootleg” than that. 

On 8/12/2022 at 7:17 PM, fastballspecial said:

Right now nobody is around the booth or at least at video time. Rumor is he sold them to dealers under the table. He is calling security on anyone coming near his booth with video. I saw two videos they were hilarious.

Couples cosplay idea for next con: one dresses as a microphone, the other as a camera; run up to people and ask pointed questions.

On 8/13/2022 at 11:42 AM, Jimmy Linguini said:

LOL black flag is using his daughters account to sell these on the Clayton Crain facebook page.

This is getting good. Yes it says it sold for $3500, no, no one has been identified as purchasing this item.

Screen Shot 2022-08-13 at 11.41.25 AM.png

I don't have anything to add, just wanted to quote this monstrosity 

Too funny

Heard that they are selling a lot of different remarks like this by Clayton.  Why the fire sale?  To cover legal fees??

On 8/13/2022 at 9:42 AM, Jimmy Linguini said:

LOL black flag is using his daughters account to sell these on the Clayton Crain facebook page.

This is getting good. Yes it says it sold for $3500, no, no one has been identified as purchasing this item.

Screen Shot 2022-08-13 at 11.41.25 AM.png

Forgot about that... 

Of course you don't want to upset the artist and say that they are not validating his efforts. 

April Signing: https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/9857/Clayton-Crain-Signing/

There might be more opportunities to milk the cow in the future. 

On 8/14/2022 at 2:00 AM, ExNihilo said:

I'm sorry, who the hell does a six hour video?  No one's gonna sit through that entire video.  I know it's amateur hour, but if you're gonna be a "comic news" podcast or whatever the hell it is they do, keep it short and focused.  If they're re-sellers, who's sitting through a six hour show to buy books?

And then Peter Jackson gets his hands on it, and then your six hour podcast is suddenly nine and a half HOURS. Almost ten freaking hours. Someone MUST stop that man getting to that editing booth. Okay, team?! 

On 8/13/2022 at 9:00 AM, ExNihilo said:

I'm sorry, who the hell does a six hour video?  No one's gonna sit through that entire video.  I know it's amateur hour, but if you're gonna be a "comic news" podcast or whatever the hell it is they do, keep it short and focused.  If they're re-sellers, who's sitting through a six hour show to buy books?

Not everyone has better things to do. I suppose you could spend a few hours proving that any one number on a six sided die will come up apporox. once every six rolls but after that,what does one do? I've been saving their podcasts and plan on  binge-watching them for the month of my 75th birthday. 

On 8/13/2022 at 9:06 AM, Cat said:

And then Peter Jackson gets his hands on it, and then your six hour podcast is suddenly nine and a half HOURS. Almost ten freaking hours. Someone MUST stop that man getting to that editing booth. Okay, team?! 

DC Fans be like "we must have the Snyder Cut - Peter Jackson Special Edition of Justice League"

On 8/13/2022 at 9:08 AM, ExNihilo said:

DC Fans be like "we must have the Snyder Cut - Peter Jackson Special Edition of Justice League"

Young Peter was at a comic show when he overheard the end of a debate about the works of Neil Gaiman and Alan Moore.  When the shrooms wore off all he recalled was that "Moore is better" and he has tried to live up to it everyday. 

On 8/12/2022 at 1:11 PM, Phill the Governor said:

At a previous job I had in the industry (for one of the auction houses/online retailers mind you) etc I saw with my own eyes high-end walkthrough books with post it notes included on the submission form stating things like "book is a 8.0, give me a call if there are any issues". Funny enough, the books always came back with the "requested" grade. This has been going on for a long time.

@Tedsaid Not sure what there is to be confused by here.

On 8/13/2022 at 11:25 AM, CJ Design said:

Pick your appropriate Black Flag Booth Saying

A) Dum Dums for Dum Dums

B) Suckers for Suckers

C) Have a problem with our Book and Biz practices...SUCK IT

D) add your own

black flag's booth.jpg

D) Easier than taking candy from a baby. We know, we've done that too.