• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2022 at 11:40 PM, Buzzetta said:

Around a year ago Adam Lui joined the boards.  (I was mistaken it was not Liu, it was Lui.)  It was the age old story of noob joining, gets into arguments with everyone... and I mean everyone.  Then he threatened to fight everyone and for them to come to Merced, California to do so. 

He was eventually given his release from the CGC Boards. 

So he goes across the street as it were and starts complaining about here to there.  That's when he let his bright and sunshiny personality out over there as well and they instabanned him from across the street as well.  He wanted to fight people there too.  

He's a fighter that Adam Lui... 

I can give you some links if you want as a few were REALLY fun reads.  Most of what he did here was scrubbed but not over there.   

1D57DE0A-C100-4F43-BF38-95523EFB5C28.gif.216a2e0221ec73d71eafa818f4541dcc.gif

:foryou:

On 8/16/2022 at 9:02 PM, Buzzetta said:

Found the only one not scrubbed...

@theCapraAegagrus might also remember specifics of Adam challenging everyone to fight him in Merced, CA.  

I’d fight anyone from Merced California.  But we’d have to do it in TJ and he starts under the donkey.

On 8/16/2022 at 10:22 PM, Kripsys99 said:

"I'm Sorry"

A message to the comic community from CGC Boards user Kripsys99 regarding "Apology Gate":

"On behalf of both the CGC users who liked my original comment and myself, I would like to extend a sincere apology to the comic collecting community for my role in what has come to be termed 'Apology Gate.' To put it as simply as possible: I screwed up, and I'm sorry. When Matt Nelson rejected the possibility of CGC apologizing for encapsulating BF's limited release acetate cover variant of Ultimate Fallout #4, I saw an opportunity to bring something novel to CGC board members, while simultaneously cultivating some likes on my comment. However, I failed to think through the consequences of self producing a CGC apology as if it was a Matt Nelson produced apology, and the effect that would have on the CGC Boards community's confidence in this thread staying active. I should have thought it through, but I didn't. My apology, essentially being a "bootlegged" apology, should never have been posted to the CGC Boards in the first place, and certainly should not have been written in Matt Nelson's name without notations. In recognition of same, I will be removing the already submitted post from the boards, and offering likes to anyone who quotes the original comment with a personal insult included. I would also like to address the issue of my original comment receiving an inordinate number of likes. Most un-liked recent posts submitted to the CGC Boards are attributable to users showing support for CGC's bat-sheet insane decision to encapsulate a defaced comic in 9.9 and 10 Universal slabs. In the case of my fictional apology post, I both dumped on CGC, and pointed out their seeming PR incompetence. This resulted in a substantially higher number likes. I have never, and will never, log-in with alternate shill accounts to like my own comments - but under the circumstances, I can understand why some of you may have questioned same. I know that my handling of this matter has caused many on the CGC Boards - including many of my biggest supporters - to question my judgement, our posting model, and my integrity. I understand your concerns, and take them seriously. Please rest assured that I care as much about the integrity of protecting CGC's image in order to safeguard my investments in their products as you do, and that I will never allow something like this to happen again. In closing, I want to thank the CGC Boards community for caring enough about this issue, and me, to hold me to account for my role in this matter. I look forward to the opportunity to prove to all of you that I remain the preeminent poster on these boards, and that I remain worthy of being the gold standard for serious CGC boardies world-wide.

Sincerely,

Kripsys99"

A Canadian saying sorry.

On 8/16/2022 at 10:40 PM, Buzzetta said:

Around a year ago Adam Lui joined the boards.  (I was mistaken it was not Liu, it was Lui.)  It was the age old story of noob joining, gets into arguments with everyone... and I mean everyone.  Then he threatened to fight everyone and for them to come to Merced, California to do so. 

So he goes across the street as it were and starts complaining about here to there.  That's when he let his bright and sunshiny personality out over there as well and they instabanned him from across the street as well.  He wanted to fight people there too.  

I can give you some links if you want as a few were REALLY fun reads.  Most of what he did here was scrubbed but not over there.   

On 8/16/2022 at 10:43 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

On 8/16/2022 at 11:00 PM, CJ Design said:

Ah Yes...this is him...

lui.gif

On 8/16/2022 at 11:02 PM, Buzzetta said:

Found the only one not scrubbed...

@theCapraAegagrus might also remember specifics of Adam challenging everyone to fight him in Merced, CA.  

On 8/16/2022 at 11:06 PM, Mike's Rack said:

I’d fight anyone from Merced California.  But we’d have to do it in TJ and he starts under the donkey.

It was all a lot of fun. He definitely reminded me of the BU.

tenor-25.gif.d4f2b7de7a97238bc28fd2680129bbe8.gif

tenor-18.gif.0b1d7c702b67c3698adae30a82f18dc2.gif

On 8/16/2022 at 8:40 PM, Buzzetta said:

them internet guys never show up when you agree to meet 'em

On 8/16/2022 at 8:43 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

BEYONDER, either you or Adam Liu should apply for the opening at CGC for social media coordinator:  https://recruitingbypaycor.com/career/JobIntroduction.action?clientId=8a7882525c3d7d8e015c6b03a47c11dc&id=8a78859e812f7e7f0181451590755d96&source=&code=&fromAggregate=false

On 8/16/2022 at 10:02 PM, TTony said:

@Buzzetta

On 8/17/2022 at 10:12 AM, ExNihilo said:

You joke, but I actually assumed this was the actual way of trimming the acetate to get it to line up perfectly with the actual comic cover.

and to get that razor sharp 10.0 edge, would assume would need to take a little off the original book too.     ( i.e. in theory its   only achievable to get a 10.0 cut in the original production phase when dont need to TRIM the final book to get things to line up as in production they are all cut together as one.    i really would like to know if it can be done another way )  

Edited by MGH

On 8/16/2022 at 10:29 PM, MGH said:

and to get that razor sharp 10.0 edge, would assume would need to take a little off the original book too.     ( i.e. in theory its   only achievable to get a 10.0 cut in the original production phase when dont need to TRIM the final book to get things to line up as in production they are all cut together as one.    i really would like to know if it can be done another way )  

laser cutting with a vision system to guide the laser.

On 8/17/2022 at 1:42 PM, TTony said:

laser cutting with a vision system to guide the laser.

"Engraving and cutting cellulose acetate sheets with a laser cutter is doable, but not ideal. Compared to PMMA it creates more smoke, smells strange and creates a residue which is hard to remove at least from the cutting area itself. This is especially not nice for clear cellulose acetate sheets, less of an issue with colored ones. So while cellulose acetate sheets can work, PMMA or Plexiglas is a better material for me."    - thanks google 

On 8/16/2022 at 10:35 PM, TTony said:

Just wait when they have to mark it Green label or NG because it's not a legitimate book.  The 9.9 book sold would still have a blue label but the website will say something different.

Also, the certification page says the Publisher is Marvel.  That is INCORRECT if they consider it a blue label.  It can be a blue label if the publisher is Black Flag Publishing (not sure the name of their publishing company) but if CGC is going to consider Marvel as the publisher, this MUST BE A GREEN LABEL.

image.thumb.png.1c6246e0740071e5856d94dc7b7c9a71.png

Yeah, they dug themselves even deeper with the latest response to this matter. Can’t believe how stubborn and tone deaf this company is. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

Guys in the collecting community talking about showing up for a fight... gosh, there's nothing sadder. That's something that happens on a disturbingly routine basis in the Martial Arts community- those guys never show up either- but, if two guys were that serious about having a scrap, I think they should do it in an organized fashion: do it in a place where other comic fans can watch, having it regulated in the sense of someone being a referee and give it three two minute rounds or something similar. Then, collect money for this spectacle and donate it to the HERO Initiative. 

But they're never gonna show up to fight so this is all irrelevant.