• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/23/2022 at 1:46 PM, Buzzetta said:

Earlier this year Mike gave a response that it was more of an authentication issue. 

"So, the general consensus from the graders as to grading these is a hard no.  The reason given is:

They are unidentifiable as to origin and date. They are often hand made. As ambiguous as these are, we just refrain from authenticating them."

I guess that means I'm out of luck with my Chick Tracts?

On 8/26/2022 at 10:31 AM, shadroch said:
On 8/26/2022 at 10:16 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I guess that means I'm out of luck with my Chick Tracts?

Encasing a chick tract would be risking eternal damnantion

For me, it wouldn't be the first time. 😈👹

My philosophy is that if you do everything that a Chick Tract tells you NOT to do, you'll probably have a pretty good time!

On 8/26/2022 at 12:09 AM, eddly said:

Lesson learned: Easier to grade invisible comics. Less risk for unauthorized versions.

Until someone cracks open a slab, finds nothing inside and sues CGC and Bad Idea for false advertising

On 8/26/2022 at 9:14 PM, toro said:

Was on a CGC comic Facebook page yesterday.CGC is changing their minds and are going to grade the books green.  He was complain that he was going to lose money.  he didn't get much sympathy on his plight.  I said, it was about time that CGC made the right decision on those Franken books.  I had a few people attack me on my opinion.

I think I remember that thread. Not one person supported him

On 8/26/2022 at 8:14 PM, toro said:

Was on a CGC comic Facebook page yesterday.CGC is changing their minds and are going to grade the books green.  He was complain that he was going to lose money.  he didn't get much sympathy on his plight.  I said, it was about time that CGC made the right decision on those Franken books.  I had a few people attack me on my opinion.

Guess we know a few other people that are going to lose money on UF4 reprint frankencraps.  :devil:

On 8/26/2022 at 7:08 PM, Ares said:

Until someone cracks open a slab, finds nothing inside and sues CGC and Bad Idea for false advertising

I'm pretty sure CGC's QC team would make sure that the invisible comic got into the slab. There wouldn't be nothing inside.

On 8/27/2022 at 10:00 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Just placed an order for 1,000 of these in various sizes....which got me pushed to the front of the line ahead of all the other peasants wanting singles.

Going to add "Which we did not have to do" to the back of them and resell them for double the amount.

Holla for the dolla, Bizatchisses ! ! !

Everybody, look! An influencer!