• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

Kind of reminds me of the story I heard going around the boards when I first joined. I never knew the specifics, but it had something to do with a board member stealing another board member's wife.

days.jpg

On 9/7/2022 at 2:41 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

This should be made into an after school special.  You can  teach kids a lot about winning when there’s this much fail to work with.

Anyone else feel this could just be a deflection tactic?

I didn't get to see the performance, so I can't have a valid opinion. However, having grown up watching this kind of drama constantly unfold before my eyes, my views on humanity are a bit more hard than most. I've seen a lot of crocodile tears to get out of blame

On 9/7/2022 at 4:46 AM, The Meta said:

I didn't get to see the performance, so I can't have a valid opinion. However, having grown up watching this kind of drama constantly unfold before my eyes, my views on humanity are a bit more hard than most. I've seen a lot of crocodile tears to get out of blame

Nah. I think he got acetated & left for dead. CGC crushed his dreams by pulling the rug out from under him with their new green label policy, and Crain rides off on that now magic carpet with his wife to the next in-house CGC signing.  

Who’s to blame?

Clearly it’s the influencers.  Had they not felt the need to show off their comic book celebrity to the crowds, and instead got their stacks of books out of view of an audience....this poor mans life wouldn’t have been ruined. :insane:

On 9/6/2022 at 9:54 PM, FirstRunComics said:

Just when the drama was dying down... Black Flag just did a Facebook live where he talks about Crain stealing his wife.

https://www.facebook.com/blackflagcomics/videos/2944382399041439/

???

Can this get any stranger?

Edited by thehumantorch

On 9/3/2022 at 5:19 AM, Ryan. said:

It's hard to believe that a few grand would be worth it for CGC to sell out its entire basis of impartiality. That's a rounding error to a company this size. Greggy spends that on submission fees like every week.

With that said, it's plainly obvious that CGC has engaged in pay for grades for sure once (Bad Idea) and probably twice (Black Flag) that we know of so something is going on.

You are assuming they were impartial all along. At some point, isolated incidents become a pattern. 

On 9/7/2022 at 1:39 AM, Gaard said:

Kind of reminds me of the story I heard going around the boards when I first joined. I never knew the specifics, but it had something to do with a board member stealing another board member's wife.

days.jpg

Unless you kidnap them, you can't steal someone elses wife.

On 9/7/2022 at 4:46 AM, The Meta said:

It is perhaps what Charles Ponzi would do, or not.