• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
25 25

4,556 posts in this topic

On 9/1/2022 at 10:19 AM, JC25427N said:

I'm afraid it seems that this car has run out of gas. We'll have to walk the rest of the way if we want to reach any answers on that grading. 

:preach: or grab a crutch and wait for it.

On 8/31/2022 at 1:58 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Comic books are going to have to be printed with Mothers and Stampers like records in order to keep their printings straight.

The minute that press turns off and the last sheet of paper hits the stack, that’s the end of the first printing. 

Thats 20th Century thinking.  What about print to order books?  I don't think you can apply the same rules to boutique publishers as the major ones, and it is a bit of the wild west out there.

In the old days, I knew a publisher who did a cover where the first hundred or so copies were done missing two colors. he thought he caught them all but one or two got out and retailers started calling, asking about the variants.  He had intended to destroy the errors but ended up selling them and when they looked popular, he ran off a few hundred more " error" copies.  I'm almost certain he was not alone in doing that. 

At the risk of coming off as too bullheaded, I'll ask CGC one last time...

Was there a pay for grades thing going here with this BF fiasco?

Yeah, I don't expect an answer from them. Ever. I just had to ask one last time.

I wonder if the powers-that-be over there had any idea of the amount of negativity, and lack of integrity, this decision would result in. Maybe they just didn't care. I suppose it's possible, and even probable, that the amount of money they pocketed from this debacle was predicted from the start, and that made it worth it all.

swamp.png

On 9/3/2022 at 6:54 AM, Gaard said:

Yeah, I don't expect an answer from them. Ever. I just had to ask one last time.

I wonder if the powers-that-be over there had any idea of the amount of negativity, and lack of integrity, this decision would result in. Maybe they just didn't care. I suppose it's possible, and even probable, that the amount of money they pocketed from this debacle was predicted from the start, and that made it worth it all.

swamp.png

Best way to find out is make claims throughout social media that the BF 'acetate' books were judged solely on the cover (not the book as a whole) AND that the Bad Idea books were pay for grades.
Gain enough traction and CGC may make a response or sue for damages.
Of course they won't choose option because they don't want to open the door for the discovery process.

Perhaps in next best thing is purchasing shares in their parent company and make your voice heard as a stakeholder.
(that is my method of choice for any corporate issues...purchase shares, fire off email to investor relations / various C suite, state my case)

On 9/3/2022 at 6:54 AM, Gaard said:

swamp.png

It's hard to believe that a few grand would be worth it for CGC to sell out its entire basis of impartiality. That's a rounding error to a company this size. Greggy spends that on submission fees like every week.

With that said, it's plainly obvious that CGC has engaged in pay for grades for sure once (Bad Idea) and probably twice (Black Flag) that we know of so something is going on.

On 9/3/2022 at 7:19 AM, Ryan. said:

It's hard to believe that a few grand would be worth it for CGC to sell out its entire basis of impartiality. That's a rounding error to a company this size. Greggy spends that on submission fees like every week.

With that said, it's plainly obvious that CGC has engaged in pay for grades for sure once (Bad Idea) and probably twice (Black Flag) that we know of so something is going on.

Id like to say they have learned their lesson, but I doubt it. The influencers are back selling now and not a mention of the fiasco 
among them which is especially funny when some comment on the biggest trends in the industry. (It was hard to type that without 
laughing.)

On 9/6/2022 at 10:54 PM, FirstRunComics said:

Just when the drama was dying down... Black Flag just did a Facebook live where he talks about Crain stealing his wife.

https://www.facebook.com/blackflagcomics/videos/2944382399041439/

???

deathrow-kenney.gif.2d42fb0444cd1f1fce66ddf2d9c2f835.gif

On 9/6/2022 at 11:54 PM, FirstRunComics said:

Just when the drama was dying down... Black Flag just did a Facebook live where he talks about Crain stealing his wife.

https://www.facebook.com/blackflagcomics/videos/2944382399041439/

???

Coles notes for those of us not on the book?:popcorn:

On 9/6/2022 at 11:14 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Extremely distraught owner of Blag Flag saying his wife (of almost 20 years ) left him for Clayton Crane. You can definitely see a few moments he breaks..20220906_231728.thumb.jpg.5afe8217fd2650466ef0fdfb2c54e2b4.jpg20220906_231820.thumb.jpg.0b958077f5b2800032cbee6525e826c1.jpg20220906_231848.thumb.jpg.3724700ac571d97f2572664d093f1281.jpg

On 9/6/2022 at 11:14 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Looks like the video was taken down. Really sad video - the owner hopped on his FB live and lost it. Crying, snot dripping, talking about how Clayton took his wife and she was the only thing that meant everything to him. Honestly it was a hard thing to watch. It was an 11 minute video talking about how Crain used him to get to his wife, and she reciprocated.

He also says the acetates were never his idea, they were his wife's and Crain's idea...

Edited by Jesse-Lee

He also takes about how Crain was pursuing one of his old girlfriends (Crain's high school sweetheart) and that she was going to get his (Crain's) name tattooed on her. 

*[Side note ]<mine / not in video >

(I wonder what Signature off of his menu she was or did choose) also does each of Crain's past have his signature on them? Wonder if they pay for that as well. hm

It's okay dude from Black Flag. Crain will make things right. Just choose what signature you want from his menu, and go from there....