• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2022 at 8:23 PM, jason4 said:

Sorry everyone in line but be sure to bookmark my next auction! I also gave some to other dealers over there, I'm sure you can get one for a steal!

20220808_204901.jpg

uhoh.gif.cd512053be7971c35ad124babcf71db6.gif

This whole affair is so sad and pathetic.

From your favorite entitled celebrity influencers (many I enjoy, until now) jumping the line and being ALLOWED to purchase any amount they want to Black Flag being the true villain here to CGC grading this crud. The fans waiting to get in didn't have a chance and BF appears to be adding acetate to everything and all of this crap will be worthless in five years. I am just so glad I spent all my money on Eniac books. But saving up for this on eBay at 500K and $666 for shipping. 

s-l400.jpg

On 8/8/2022 at 8:01 PM, williamblood said:

they couldnt use any trademarked material so they went with the generic patriot stuff to churn up the normies

So did Crain add anything for this acetate version or did someone else add those trivial touches?

On 8/8/2022 at 8:32 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Here’s hoping the book bottoms out tomorrow....and these muppets get stuck with them. :wishluck:

Unfortunately at this point even if CGC drops the blue label (removes certification from registry, issues recall, etc) they are out there and someone will want them. 

So let them spend their cash on this carp. 

A fool and their money. 

However I do believe that CGC should at least not grade anymore going forward , or at least start adding the green label and noting married cover. 

On 8/8/2022 at 9:40 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Unfortunately at this point even if CGC drops the blue label (removes certification from registry, issues recall, etc) they are out there and someone will want them. 

So let them spend their cash on this carp. 

A fool and their money. 

However I do believe that CGC should at least not grade anymore going forward , or at least start adding the green label and noting married cover. 

CGC won’t be changing their stance.

On 8/8/2022 at 9:42 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Agreed. 

Sad , not surprised, but agreed. 

Blackstone is going to slab everything they can....

Soon enough they’ll start slabbing their own slabs for extra protection

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

I think really what bothers many is the almost elitist idea that nothing is wrong here. 
From the Whatnot users to CGC all admitting they don't see the issue. Or its been
happening for years. (So what its still wrong.)

Even some on Youtube have realized nobody is agreeing with the greed aspect.
I sell comics just like many here, but I immediately saw the problem. 

I'd have more respect for anyone of them if they just came out and said yes I see how 
bad this looks. Instead, they continue to say they see nothing wrong with this. Its shows
you how some understand the hobby and others who do not. I hope this opens the eyes
for many.  

Monetarily this will hurt several of them up to and including CGC for grading these books
9.9 and 10.0 which many like me are just stunned by this. 

All just enjoy my local comic book shows now.

On 8/8/2022 at 11:43 AM, CGC Mike said:
On 8/7/2022 at 8:00 PM, Iceman399 said:
On 8/7/2022 at 7:50 PM, Sigur Ros said:

Forget the whatnot BS and screwing over of collectors (yet again)... 

The bigger question is why these get blue labels? 

They're just the 2021 facsimile edition with an acetate cover stapled to it.  There are 4 staples. 2 for the book, 2 for this ugly cover.  Yet CGC is giving the married covers blue labels. Word going around is they aren't even official. That Marvel didn't approve this. 

Why does CGC ignore this? 

Screenshot_20220807-204243_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220807-204831_Instagram.jpg

Expand  

Maybe @CGC Mike can answer that for us? 

Expand  

CGC is fully aware of what we graded and stand behind them.

Do they even care how bad this makes them look to their customers? I am just a casual slabber and I know
this looks bad.