• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC's new announcement is laughable.
3 3

54 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2022 at 3:28 PM, Martian Manhunter said:

They still don't take payments up front

I don't understand this one, how is this a negative? They charge you when your submission is about to processed and the work on your books is about to be done. If you want them to charge you as soon as they receive your books you can call them and ask them to charge you, I've had submissions charged right away because it just so happened that some of my submissions arrived just as one of my earlier submissions was about to be graded and so CGC just charged my entire balance for all my orders, even the ones that had just arrived a few days prior and wouldn't be graded for a couple months. 

On 8/19/2022 at 3:48 PM, JC25427N said:

Also for everyone asking for context, I'm guessing OP is talking about this announcement which shows up on the CGC homepage

image.thumb.png.b1f37cc6e8728567a84bf29cbae1aa71.png

So they can speed up the time it takes us to return the books due to QC issues?

Thanks to a concerted effort to increase capacity and streamline workflow, Certified Guaranty Company® (CGC®) has improved its turnaround times significantly for Modern and Modern Fast Track submissions while never sacrificing our high standards.

What standards are they referring to? Asking for a friend.

On 8/19/2022 at 4:33 PM, kav said:

Oh god not another drive by shouting thread.

Nope..legitimate CGC announcement.  Don't know, or care what it is. :shy:

Edited by Galen130