• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What happened to the join dates??
4 4

174 posts in this topic

I used to be a Total Newbie and now I'm just a member!  NM

Edited by s-man

Anyone know the reason?  @CGC Mike

• Administrator

Dena and I had a meeting about 3 months ago, and racked our brains over this.  The rankings were not changing with the post count like they used to.  As it turns out, I believe they turned into achievements instead of post counts, and we don't use achievements.  So, we did away with the rankings, and now everyone is listed as a member.  @dena might be able to explain it better but, that is the way I (my old brain)  remembers it.

On 8/22/2022 at 8:50 PM, CGC Mike said:

Dena and I had a meeting about 3 months ago, and racked our brains over this.  The rankings were not changing with the post count like they used to.  As it turns out, I believe they turned into achievements instead of post counts, and we don't use achievements.  So, we did away with the rankings, and now everyone is listed as a member.  @dena might be able to explain it better but, that is the way I (my old brain)  remembers it.

So no more custom titles?  Well that's no fun!

• Administrator
On 8/22/2022 at 8:55 PM, s-man said:

So no more custom titles?  Well that's no fun!

Custom titles still exist.  You have not received one (yet)  hm  The rankings are gone.  On a side note, I see we all just lost our join date.  I have alerted web help to try and fix this asap.

On 8/22/2022 at 9:05 PM, CGC Mike said:

Custom titles still exist.  You have not received one (yet)  hm  The rankings are gone.  On a side note, I see we all just lost our join date.  I have alerted web help to try and fix this asap.

I knew something was missing :tonofbricks:

On 8/22/2022 at 5:50 PM, CGC Mike said:

gonna be very hard to ID Stu from now on.

Edited by kav

On 8/22/2022 at 8:50 PM, CGC Mike said:

So this has nothing to do with removing the main qualifier that creates a hierarchy on the boards, huh?

No more "hey look, they've been here 10, 15 years, they likely have "some" knowledge or contributing input. Now there's no way to tell if the three people having the conversation are shill accounts created in the last 6 months.

Seems the decision was made because ultimately it helps CGC maintain conversations here, not helping users determine information.

On 8/22/2022 at 9:05 PM, CGC Mike said:

Mike,

I also have not received a custom title and would like one.

Thank you.