• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What happened to the join dates??
4 4

174 posts in this topic

Speaking of titles mine is no longer relevant. I used to horribly misspell thus "Expecially Newbish" but now my Cuba Libre days are long gone and, with only a moderate amount of sake, my spelling is now impeccable, unpickable and in all other ways perfect. (thumbsu

On 8/25/2022 at 6:20 PM, COI said:

Mine is an exception to this. Not that it matters.

I do think there should be some fanfare for those of us who hit the 20 year mark and are still around; like putting our name in gold or glitter or something. Not sure if we're masochists, total losers, or a testament to man's ability to endure and adapt, but we're definitely "special" and should be labeled as such, so that everyone knows it.

Gold and glitter. That's all I ask.

Being alive doesn't cut the mustard for you! Long live the kings and queens!

sanka-cool.gif

On 8/25/2022 at 7:20 PM, COI said:

I do think there should be some fanfare for those of us who hit the 20 year mark and are still around; like putting our name in gold or glitter or something. Not sure if we're masochists, total losers, or a testament to man's ability to endure and adapt, but we're definitely "special" and should be labeled as such, so that everyone knows it.

Gold and glitter. That's all I ask.

And a Dunkin Donuts gift card would be cool :foryou:

• Administrator
On 8/25/2022 at 5:08 PM, PovertyRow said:

Speaking of titles mine is no longer relevant. I used to horribly misspell thus "Expecially Newbish" but now my Cuba Libre days are long gone and, with only a moderate amount of sake, my spelling is now impeccable, unpickable and in all other ways perfect. (thumbsu

So, those of you that have custom titles above the post count are stuck with them.  At some point this may change.  Dena tried to remove one, and it caused all of the ones I added to disappear.  

On 8/25/2022 at 7:45 PM, Larryw7 said:
On 8/25/2022 at 8:41 AM, CGC Mike said:

image.png

:whatthe:

You like?

• Administrator
On 8/25/2022 at 7:20 PM, COI said:

There WAS a choice between custom title and long custom title. Arch probably typed yours in as a long custom title, which appeared below like yours is.  We had to do away with the custom title, as it no longer worked.  It also conflicted with the rankings that no longer worked like they used to.  They didn't progress to the next ranking as the post count rose.  Somehow, Invision changed things so they were attached to achievements, which is something we don't use.

On 8/25/2022 at 8:45 PM, CGC Mike said:

So, those of you that have custom titles above the post count are stuck with them.  At some point this may change.  Dena tried to remove one, and it caused all of the ones I added to disappear.  

You like?

:cloud9:

On 8/24/2022 at 7:37 PM, CGC Mike said:

There is a distinction or a way of telling the one's Arch issued.  His are located just under the Member title.  Actually, his used to replace the generic title but, Invision changed this.  The one's that are issued now are located below the post count.  Dena and I tried to move them up higher but, we were not able to, due to another Invision change.  

The caste system remains.

On 8/25/2022 at 4:41 PM, JC25427N said:

The dates are back! Joindategate is over!

Not for me - I still have some sort of random board software upgrade as my joined date. And only half my custom title. My original custom was "You earn it. It's like MMA for nerds."

On 8/25/2022 at 8:37 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I’m about to hit 10 years next year, how some of you have put up with 20 is beyond me

The first 10 years were nothing like the last 10. 

On 8/26/2022 at 2:07 PM, seanfingh said:

Not for me - I still have some sort of random board software upgrade as my joined date. And only half my custom title. My original custom was "You earn it. It's like MMA for nerds."

In your own words, You gotta earn it.

On 8/26/2022 at 2:07 PM, seanfingh said:

:whatthe:

I never noticed what happened to your join date. 

I'm using my glittery class of '02 card to demand this get fixed.