• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC-exclusive Death of Superman 30th Anniversary Gold Foil Variant
3 3

219 posts in this topic

Early this morning / late last night another auction ended ($7 lower than Friday's) which then triggered some users to hit BINs...
I can foresee a dip upon copies arriving but 300 copies of a foil Superman variant is pretty low.
Eventually they'll find their way into closed collections.
(I can't wait to see the upcoming registry wars)

I don't follow any 'influencers' but it seems telling that they didn't get their hands on stacks because the book is not showing up on any Top 10 lists this week.
Even with a (now) +473% or $710 price increase after one week.

The only available copies are now BINs sitting over $900
I guess time will tell.

Capture.JPG

On 9/11/2022 at 8:08 AM, Troy.Division said:

Early this morning / late last night another auction ended ($7 lower than Friday's) which then triggered some users to hit BINs...
I can foresee a dip upon copies arriving but 300 copies of a foil Superman variant is pretty low.
Eventually they'll find their way into closed collections.
(I can't wait to see the upcoming registry wars)

I don't follow any 'influencers' but it seems telling that they didn't get their hands on stacks because the book is not showing up on any Top 10 lists this week.
Even with a (now) +473% or $710 price increase after one week.

The only available copies are now BINs sitting over $900
I guess time will tell.

Perhaps we are not seeing influencers hocking them b/c they aren't yet in-hand?

These beautiful, shiny gimmicks collectibles don't ship until January 2023.

On 9/19/2022 at 9:57 AM, manetteska said:

These beautiful, shiny gimmicks collectibles don't ship until January 2023.

Long past eBay's buyer protection expires.  Won't even be able to leave feedback, lol.

FYI, the best money-making scheme out there is selling pre-orders of high dollar items on eBay....then vanishing.

Anyone check this one out?  

Limited to 1000.  500 were available on-line the night prior to NYCC, and the rest at the convention.

9.8's sold out in about 8 mins and the rest of the 500 sold out within about an hour.  Not sure how the other 500 sold at the convention.

I actually think this is a much better book as it's a Superman 75 reprint with interviews from creators, etc. rather than the terrible 30th Anniversary  :censored: they put together.  This one looks much better too IMO.

What say ye?

02D04BCA-ED8C-46E9-8A21-7B48B735D026_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.7937cac68096ce81c6ba098116083f1d.jpeg

On 10/18/2022 at 11:29 AM, Tnexus said:

I say these are going to tank in price once the initial hype is gone and graded copies finally get back to buyers.

Agree 100%  I think they'll be worth retail from BTC but not much more that that...

Edited by Iconic1s

On 10/18/2022 at 11:26 AM, Iconic1s said:

Anyone check this one out?  

Limited to 1000.  500 were available on-line the night prior to NYCC, and the rest at the convention.

9.8's sold out in about 8 mins and the rest of the 500 sold out within about an hour.  Not sure how the other 500 sold at the convention.

I actually think this is a much better book as it's a Superman 75 reprint with interviews from creators, etc. rather than the terrible 30th Anniversary  :censored: they put together.  This one looks much better too IMO.

What say ye?

02D04BCA-ED8C-46E9-8A21-7B48B735D026_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.7937cac68096ce81c6ba098116083f1d.jpeg

On aesthetics alone, the red one looks much better than the gold one. One, black-on-red is better contrast than red-on-gold. Two, red is a Superman color; gold is not. That gold one looks more like a celebration of the 49ers than Superman. No really guys, the S is for San Francisco!

Now they dropped a pink foil… either $200 or 1500 rewards points for this one raw!

I hung in there for the gold, silver, and red but am officially tired of this :censored:!  Pink doesn’t even make sense!!

There is going to also be a blue, and they hinted at a black w/red ‘S’. The latter makes the most sense but I am way over it already… won’t be going for any more of these.  I'm actually kind of irritated now!

P.S. I just added a few more books to my Custom Death of Superman Set (first Custom Set link in my signature).  New additions are at the end of the gallery... please check it out some time.  Thanks!

519DC69A-DA54-49FC-86B0-08434BBD5962.jpeg.31185b4e4ad0502a75173dac76088cb2.jpeg

Edited by Iconic1s