• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATE! HARDCOVER NOW AVAILABLE! Pre-Order Your Copy of ‘The Official CGC Guide to Grading.
10 10

230 posts in this topic

On 9/30/2022 at 12:09 PM, ThreeSeas said:

I think that I will buy one also. I am curious as to how this compares to Overstreet.

It can't hurt. Maybe the guide will explain the current grading scale and take some of the mystery out of the difference between a 9.8 & a 9.6 and so on.

On 9/30/2022 at 11:16 AM, darkstar said:

Why announce this without mentioning the cost? 

I'm going to guess because it's higher than what people would expect. However, it's in full color, and even with printing a book in China (not sure if they did or not) it's an expensive endeavor.  And if they are going to sell it as a standalone (not revised yearly, like an Overstreet) they are possibly wanting to recoup the R&D for the book on the first print run. $79.99? Maybe more? Design, literary and architectural standards books are $150+, I could see this being one of those kinds of books. At 400 pages - all joking aside - it's going to be a nice book to own on grading. I'd invest in one.

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 9/30/2022 at 2:09 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I'm going to guess because it's higher than what people would expect. However, it's in full color, and even with printing a book in China (not sure if they did or not) it's an expensive endeavor.  And if they are going to sell it as a standalone (not revised yearly, like an Overstreet) they are possibly wanting to recoup the R&D for the book on the first print run. $79.99? Maybe more? Design, literary and architectural standards books are $150+, I could see this being one of those kinds of books. At 400 pages - all joking aside - it's going to be a nice book to own on grading. I'd invest in one.

This should be interesting...  hm