• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Awesome games that are awesome
2 2

84 posts in this topic

On 10/12/2022 at 7:18 PM, s-man said:

There is a lot of random animals that can beat you down!  Bears are the worst, especially the monster bears that are quicker then you on your horse.

No doubt the bears beat the hell out of me but this was like a Ram or something. lol

On 10/13/2022 at 2:28 AM, Park said:

I took a break when I got beat down by some random animal at the beginning. lol

On 10/13/2022 at 3:18 AM, s-man said:

There is a lot of random animals that can beat you down!  Bears are the worst, especially the monster bears that are quicker then you on your horse.

On 10/13/2022 at 3:26 AM, Park said:

No doubt the bears beat the hell out of me but this was like a Ram or something. lol

That reminds me of an "are you kidding?" experience in Demon Souls recently.

First play through, at the beginning, very low levelled, you encounter a pack of wolves which is quite manageable, not much of a problem.

Returning to the section on New Game Plus, the same pack jumps on you, surrounds you and annihilates you within seconds.

Sure, you can adjust tactics and soon it's not too bad, but the difficulty spike between run-throughs is hilarious.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 10/13/2022 at 2:26 AM, Park said:

I am currently playing through the trilogy for the first time. In the middle of ME3 right now.

It’s pretty awesome.

I agree.  I found the best way to appreciate the third game is to think of it as a whole as the aftermath of the Suicide Mission, with the team members going in different directions afterwards, sometimes varying because of the decisions you've made, rather than fixating too much on the conclusion.  Makes it all far more poignant.

Still, a classic series.

On 10/13/2022 at 2:12 PM, Ken Aldred said:

I agree.  I found the best way to appreciate the third game is to think of it as a whole as the aftermath of the Suicide Mission, with the team members going in different directions afterwards, sometimes varying because of the decisions you've made, rather than fixating too much on the conclusion.  Makes it all far more poignant.

Still, a classic series.

Yeah, I am having a lot of fun. Weird I never played them before as KOTOR is one of my favorites.

On 10/13/2022 at 2:05 PM, Ken Aldred said:

That reminds me of an "are you kidding?" experience in Demon Souls recently.

First play through, at the beginning, very low levelled, you encounter a pack of wolves which is quite manageable, not much of a problem.

Returning to the section on New Game Plus, the same pack jumps on you, surrounds you and annihilates you within seconds.

Sure, you can adjust tactics and soon it's not too bad, but the difficulty spike between run-throughs is hilarious.

Wolves/dogs in every game ever are the biggest pains in the a&%. lol

The weird spikes in difficulty I see mostly on DLC. I briefly ran through Elden Ring on NG+  for an hour or two and was destroying everything in my path.

On 10/10/2022 at 9:15 PM, WolverineX said:

cyberpunk, choom!  Watch Edgerunners too.

So figured out where Davids jacket in the game comes from

Binged all 10 episodes back to back, it was alright, suppose its more geared to the younger gens.

Animation was great, reminded me of the 90s style I love, plus there were several voice actors I remember from back in the day as well

On 10/14/2022 at 3:36 PM, Namtak said:

Until ffx all awesome ffx-2 and ff11 was the beginning downfall but ff13 yuck!

I agree. I loved 12, but 13 was terrible. I havent played FF since

I do have, I think its 15 from PS+ but havent played it yet 

For me, it's Fallout 3, New Vegas, and 4. No matter what other games come into my life, I will eventually get tired of them, and drift back to the wasteland. I get YEARS or playtime out of these games.

My list of all-timers would also include Phantasy Star II, Twisted Metal I & II, Resident Evil (the first, on PS), as big nostalgia hits, some of the most fun I ever had with games. I recall the first two Bioshock games being completely absorbing. And when it comes to pure, endless fun and replayability, the various Mario Kart games never get old, for me. Anytime I play one of those, it's as much fun as it was the first time. 

On 10/27/2022 at 7:04 AM, F For Fake said:

For me, it's Fallout 3, New Vegas, and 4. No matter what other games come into my life, I will eventually get tired of them, and drift back to the wasteland. I get YEARS or playtime out of these games.

My list of all-timers would also include Phantasy Star II, Twisted Metal I & II, Resident Evil (the first, on PS), as big nostalgia hits, some of the most fun I ever had with games. I recall the first two Bioshock games being completely absorbing. And when it comes to pure, endless fun and replayability, the various Mario Kart games never get old, for me. Anytime I play one of those, it's as much fun as it was the first time. 

You have excellent taste in games my friend

On 10/27/2022 at 9:14 AM, MetalPSI said:

You have excellent taste in games my friend

Thanks bud! You know, I never think of myself that much as a "gamer", but when I fall in love with a game, I really become obsessive about it, and these games all took up some major real estate in my brain and heart over the years. 

On 10/27/2022 at 7:19 AM, F For Fake said:

Thanks bud! You know, I never think of myself that much as a "gamer", but when I fall in love with a game, I really become obsessive about it, and these games all took up some major real estate in my brain and heart over the years. 

Same

I work outside quite a bit and I'm always reminded of Skyrim

On 11/17/2022 at 6:29 AM, Spawnfreak said:

Sorry, but I'm old, and the best video(SNES) game ever is Equinox.15 years in, and I still haven't beat it!:slapfight:

Fatal Rewind for Genesis

Hardest game I've ever played and never finished the first level