• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For those who setup at local shows do you accept Credit cards or strictly Cash
1 1

36 posts in this topic

I am setting up at a local show this weekend and I am have a question for those who sell their stuff at shows.

Do you deal strictly with cash during Sales or do you deal with credit cards thought apps like Square?

Edited by Ares

On 10/11/2022 at 7:06 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Idk if it would show up on your end this way, so just so you know. :)

Screenshot_20221011-130529.png

Good job, it's terrible. 

On 10/11/2022 at 1:33 PM, Ares said:

I am setting up at a local show this weekend and I am have a question for those who sell their stuff at shows.

Do you deal strictly with cash during dales or do you deal with credit cards thought apps like Square?

I don't sell much at shows but I always accept credit cards since it opens up a bunch more potential buyers.  Cash (or cast) only sellers are still around but I'd say a majority of sellers accept credit cards in my area.  Good luck.

Edited by 1Cool

They say cast is king. People who don't have any cast are more likely to have fomo so I will take their credit and sell the book for more money. If they bulk at that I will wait for another desperate credit user or cast. Unless it's a awful book and it might be another year before I find a buyer for it. 

I am going to be a vendor at my first con at the end of this month and I'm hesitant to accept a credit card. I worry that someone will contest the charge after the show and scam me out of an expensive book. It might cost me some potential customers but I just don't want to risk it. I also assume if you're coming to a con, you should expect to bring cash.

On 10/11/2022 at 4:18 PM, NumminzAK said:

I am going to be a vendor at my first con at the end of this month and I'm hesitant to accept a credit card. I worry that someone will contest the charge after the show and scam me out of an expensive book. It might cost me some potential customers but I just don't want to risk it. I also assume if you're coming to a con, you should expect to bring cash.

Keep receipts and you shouldn't have any issues.  It's not eBay/Paypal.  Credit Cards require proof of something wrong to void the charge.  Just saying "The comic wasn't as nice as I wanted" or "I didn't make that charge" isn't going to hold up if you come back with a receipt saying "I sold Jim Smith an AF15 for $125,000"

On 10/11/2022 at 2:18 PM, NumminzAK said:

Get a picture of them with their ID.  Leroy Harper was scammed in this fashion. 

On 10/11/2022 at 4:47 PM, Ares said:

I may have to do Cash only after all. 

The Show is Sunday but I took to long to apply for the Square app. 

they can get it for me for a least a week. 

You can manually enter card into square app without reader. Cost you a bit more in fees but totally doable