• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Project: Marvel Value Stamp

165 posts in this topic

Sorry for the long delay in posting updates. I've only been to 1 con in the past 6 months so there's not much to report. I plan on hitting a couple of cons before the end of the year so I should have more.

Hey Jeff :hi:

Nice additions to the project! (worship)

What cons are you hitting this year? :gossip: You should come to Chicago.... :grin:

Here are the updated layouts. At last count I was a 64... only 36 to go.

who is left?

9 - Capt. Marvel

19 - Warriors Three

23 - Sgt. Fury

25 - Human Torch

30 - Grey Gargoyle (BTW, that row is shifted over 1 space in the scan but it's fine in real life -- need to correct the scan)

33 - Invisible Woman (I keep having to stop jokers from just signing their name and saying "done")

37 - The Watcher

39 - Iron Fist

40 - Loki

41 - Gladiator

42 - Man-Wolf

45 - Mantis

48 - Kraven

49 - Odin

52 - Quicksilver

53 - Grim Reaper

58 - The Mandarin

61 - Red Ghost

62 - The Plunderer

63 - Sub-Mariner

64 - Sif

65 - Ice Man

68 - Son Of Satan

69 - Marvel Girl

74 - The Stranger

76 - Swordsman

77 - The Owl

83 - Dragon Man

86 - Baron Zemo

89 - Hammerhead

90 - Hercules

91 - Hela

92 - Byrrah

96 - Dr. Octopus

97 - Black Knight

99 - Sandman

Updates from Wizard World Texas. I got 10, that leaves 16... almost there. :banana:

#40 - Loki by Michael Broussard

040_Loki_MichaelBroussard.jpg

#45 - Mantiz by Joe Benitez

045_Mantis_JoeBenitez.jpg

#52 - Quicksilver by Marko Djurdjevic

052_QuickSilver_MarkoDjurdj.jpg

#58 - The Mandarin by Kevin O'Neill

058_TheMandarin_KevinOneill.jpg

#61 - Red Ghost by Adam Kuhn

061_RedGhost_AdamKuhn.jpg

#69 - Marvel Girl by Mitch Breitweiser

069_MarvelGirl_MitchBreitwe.jpg

#74 - The Stranger by Phil Hester

074_TheStranger_PhilHester.jpg

#86 - Baron Zemo

086_BaronZemo_MichaelLark.jpg

#89 - Hammerhead by Kenneth Rocafort

089_Hammerhead_KennethRocaf.jpg

#96 - Doctor Octopus by Humberto Ramos

096_DoctorOctopus_HumbertoR.jpg

I just realized that I didn't scan any of the ones that were done at Baltimore. I'll scan those and post the updated layouts.

As nice as these are scanned they are much better in person. I was able to view all of them up close at Baltimore and this truly is a one of a kind collection.

Strong Guy -

This is such a great concept and execution, you will have an unbelieveable piece when you are done. Very impressive.

Here's a question, do you have a particular artist in mind for each character, or do you present the blank sheet to each artist and say, well, I only have these three characters, which of these would you like to draw? Or something else?

Another series of questions relate to where do you see it ending up? Have you considered scanning it and having it professionally colored? And maybe throw some nice digital lettering on it, and photoshop the stamp edges?

That would make an unbelieveable poster!

- A

I usually let the artists pick who they want to do. That has worked out best. Now that I'm down to 15 (or so) left the pickings are slim so some of the guys are disappointed. However, I always give them the sheets and let them look everything over... for inspiration.

Regarding coloring and other things. I'm working on a couple of things with it but I want to get it completed first. Color, tighter inks, letter, borders, etc. are all part of the plan.

Stronguy,

This is the first time I've read this thread from top to bottom, and please put me in line as a (worship) fan of this project. I'm really surprised no one has raved about the Mysterio stamp considering the number of Spidey fans out there. That is really a fine, fine looking piece. There are many, of course, but this one really pops out at me the most.

I am wondering if there are any sort of copyright/royalty issues with you ever trying to make some sort of coffee table book out of this project, or if nothing else, some sort of large poster print? I would be shocked if this didn't go over extremely well with the many comic fans out there, and I'm certain many members here would be all over it. Maybe I'm a little out there with this idea, but this is such a creative and interesting idea that I can't but think others would be really interested in seeing it as well in some form or another. :shrug:

In any event, please keep sharing the updates as convention season gets underway. Great looking art project you have going on here!!!

Here are the updated layouts. Sheet 1 is now complete thanks to a great Warriors Three piece done by Mark Texeira.

88 down, 12 to go...

MVS1.jpg

MVS2.jpg

MVS3.jpg

MVS4.jpg