• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you ever received someone else's book? If so, what was the result?
1 1

25 posts in this topic

Currently had a Wolverine #1 9.8 sent in only for the Wolverine customer label (basically a reholder). However, it came back 9.6 and it definitely isn't the copy I submitted. Just looking at it pretty obvious. Which means CGC likely sent my copy to another customer and gave me their "worse" copy. 

Has this happened to you? And if so, what was the end result? I've emailed CGC already so I'm waiting for their official response. But wondering what happens now. Do they track down my original and I send back this one? Do they provide monetary reimbursement? This is my first time encountering a problem like this. 

On 10/22/2022 at 1:14 PM, Lundon44 said:

Currently had a Wolverine #1 9.8 sent in only for the Wolverine customer label (basically a reholder). However, it came back 9.6 and it definitely isn't the copy I submitted. Just looking at it pretty obvious. Which means CGC likely sent my copy to another customer and gave me their "worse" copy. 

Has this happened to you? And if so, what was the end result? I've emailed CGC already so I'm waiting for their official response. But wondering what happens now. Do they track down my original and I send back this one? Do they provide monetary reimbursement? This is my first time encountering a problem like this. 

It happens.   It's just the risk you assume here.

I'm not sure about this, but when you send a slab in for a simple label change, doesn't it keep the same certification number? If this is the case, it should be pretty easy to track down.

First pic (the 9.8) is my original book. All I wanted was the Wolverine label. The 9.6 is what I received back. I realize there's a risk of a book getting damaged during the process so you can potentially run the risk of getting a lower grade. However, that 9.6 is not the same book at all.

20221021_174058.jpg

20221021_173205.jpg

On 10/23/2022 at 2:02 PM, Lundon44 said:

First pic (the 9.8) is my original book. All I wanted was the Wolverine label. The 9.6 is what I received back. I realize there's a risk of a book getting damaged during the process so you can potentially run the risk of getting a lower grade. However, that 9.6 is not the same book at all.

20221021_174058.jpg

20221021_173205.jpg

well for starters it has a different cert number, Lord willing should be easier to track! Presumably @CGC Mike

On 10/23/2022 at 3:02 PM, Lundon44 said:

20221021_173205.jpg

When is someone going to finally tell the company who designs their labels that there's this ugly hologram sticker where the characters are?

They look so stupid half covered by that price sticker looking hologram.

And yes, they clearly (and expectedly) gave you someone else's book. 

Doubt he's complaining though.

Edited by Sigur Ros

• Administrator
On 10/23/2022 at 2:56 PM, Lundon44 said:

Yes, I do. In fact, I posted to the "Ask CGC" board but oddly it's still pending approval after 2-3 days.

The customer team should answer your post tomorrow.

Mike

On 10/23/2022 at 5:51 PM, Sigur Ros said:

When is someone going to finally tell the company who designs their labels that there's this ugly hogram sticker where the characters are?

They look so stupid half covered by that price sticker looking spoon.

And yes, they clearly (and expectedly) gave you someone else's book. 

Doubt he's complaining though.

Unless the other person had already sent in a 9.8 then yeah, they're likely happy with the grade bump.

On 10/22/2022 at 6:29 PM, Sigur Ros said:

It happens.   It's just the risk you assume here.

What?

How is there an assumed risk of getting back a different book when shipping CGC an undamaged CGC 9.8 for the purpose of having the book reholdered only for a custom label to be included?

Let alone receiving an altogether different copy, in a 9.6 grade?

There is never any "assumed risk" of a switched out book, unless one "assumes" they are dealing with thieves.

On 10/24/2022 at 4:01 AM, FanBoyOfMarve'nDC said:

What?

How is there an assumed risk of getting back a different book when shipping CGC an undamaged CGC 9.8 for the purpose of having the book reholdered only for a custom label to be included?

Let alone receiving an altogether different copy, in a 9.6 grade?

There is never any "assumed risk" of a switched out book, unless one "assumes" they are dealing with thieves.

You must be new here.

It happens very often.  Just watch the forums.  

On 10/23/2022 at 3:02 PM, Lundon44 said:

20221021_174058.jpg

20221021_173205.jpg

Based on your scans, yikes.

Edit: I failed to note that I submitted an Action 1 for grading and received an X-Force 1 in return. I'll follow-up ... :wink::facepalm::tonofbricks:

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe
Action comics 1