• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting new Clayton Crain cover
2 2

56 posts in this topic

Clayton Crain did a cover for the upcoming Garbage Pail Kids Origins 2, and it has a couple of interesting additions. The cover features "Mind Controlled Mike," surrounded by a bunch of conspiracy-theory type stuff. But a couple of the things stood out right away (I circled them in red). First, there is a cover of Ultimate Fallout 4 pinned to the wall, with the word "Fallout" prominently diplayed, and then there is a newspaper under "Mike's" leg, and you an see the end of the word that must be "Acetategate..." Anyone see anything else? I don't know if it's supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, or if it's a thumb of the nose...

crain.thumb.png.f3c926b776e6bbf750dd037b1cdb13a4.png

On 11/8/2022 at 4:08 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Clayton Crain did a cover for the upcoming Garbage Pail Kids Origins 2, and it has a couple of interesting additions. The cover features "Mind Controlled Mike," surrounded by a bunch of conspiracy-theory type stuff. But a couple of the things stood out right away (I circled them in red). First, there is a cover of Ultimate Fallout 4 pinned to the wall, with the word "Fallout" prominently diplayed, and then there is a newspaper under "Mike's" leg, and you an see the end of the word that must be "Acetategate..." Anyone see anything else? I don't know if it's supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, or if it's a thumb of the nose...

You don't like the "Bleeding Stool" newspaper? That's the only other comic reference I see.

Hum, not sure I can make a judgement about his character, although he does give off a certain unpleasant sort of guy vibe. 

But, this seems to give credence to Bookery's suggestion in the C2E2 Variant Drama thread that the "mistakes" on the Ultimate Fallout cover may have been done on purpose by Crain. He does come across as someone who might be quite smug.   And as we know from Seinfeld, "smugness is never a good quality" (:

On 11/8/2022 at 5:08 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Not to far from the truth a very interesting cover 

On 11/8/2022 at 5:08 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

What does it say on the shuttle?

On 11/10/2022 at 10:42 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

What does it say on the shuttle?

I was trying to make it out, but the image was too low-res to begin with, so zooming just makes it harder to read.

Also, this was a Sad Lemon (UK) exclusive, limited to 200 "Infinity Signed" copies for £129.95... It sold out really fast. There are definitely other things I'd rather spend $150 on, but to each their own.

On 11/10/2022 at 11:53 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

I was trying to make it out, but the image was too low-res to begin with, so zooming just makes it harder to read.

Also, this was a Sad Lemon (UK) exclusive, limited to 200 "Infinity Signed" copies for £129.95... It sold out really fast. There are definitely other things I'd rather spend $150 on, but to each their own.

It was sold on Crain's own site. Sad Lemon bought some of the infinity signed and are flipping them.