• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERMAN #75 PINK FOIL BTC LOYALTY CLUB HUB EXCLUSIVE VARIANT
1 1

21 posts in this topic

They have a spidey 1 that they are doing the 300 copies thing again but I didn’t see them saying they are going to have the other 700 copies destroyed 

On 11/9/2022 at 5:46 PM, Krismusic said:

They have a spidey 1 that they are doing the 300 copies thing again but I didn’t see them saying they are going to have the other 700 copies destroyed 

It looks like you can still get those spidey variants raw, unlike the gold superman variant that was only sold as limited number graded exclusives…

On 11/9/2022 at 8:23 PM, 850chris said:

It looks like you can still get those spidey variants raw, unlike the gold superman variant that was only sold as limited number graded exclusives…

It’s crazy that there’s a comic that only exists in CGC form.  Pages could be blank.  And just pricey enough that we’ll never find out. Ain’t nobody cracking those :insane:

I foolishly got caught up in the variant craze years ago, but was fortunate to have collected Zenescope stuff early on. I lost on almost everything else when I sold, but the Zenescope stuff did well enough for me to more or less break even as a whole.

On 11/12/2022 at 10:36 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

History is really repeating itself with all this acetate/foil garbage.   Maybe DC should have celebrated this anniversary by putting out a Superman comic actually worth reading instead.2c

What is interesting about this bit of "history repeating itself" is that we have the social media influencers component we didn't have in the 90's. These people will be posting about how valuable these things are on their feeds while everyone else will be using them to line their litter boxes.

I am not wholly against variants, but these Supes books are kind of dumb. There isn't even any cover artwork to laud as interesting, creative, racy or expertly rendered. It's a 90's logo with foil. Variants with different cover art are kind of cool, and at least they make sense to me in terms of wanting something unique and limited. Pink, black and gold paper stock seems like a boring variation to try and sell.

On 11/12/2022 at 12:40 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

They get 10 -15 miss colored copies where the ink showed up as pink and call it a variant? 

image.gif.3377e780f88fcf696ab9bb9190e4d104.gif

:roflmao:some rose colored glasses, beer goggles, or Beatles flashback haha