• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Community is Temporarily Unavailable
1 1

37 posts in this topic

On 11/28/2022 at 2:37 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Is anyone else getting this regularly lately?

762243392_Capture(2).thumb.PNG.406f96e8220a5926870be0f16edbd7ba.PNG

out.thumb.PNG.caaf4a39f615f03ed6be89a3e262fa95.PNG

Capture.thumb.PNG.856cebb40fb5b6246408e7c000b8f9d1.PNG

I've had it about five times today - three of them screenshotted above - and pretty much every day for several weeks now.

It doesn't last that long, admittedly - about 30 seconds to a minute each time - but it's always when I'm in the middle of posting something (get your jokes in now) or messaging someone. I only mention it because when this happened before, a year or so back, the frequency gradually increased until the boards became unusable. I don't think I could stand that again.

Anyone else? I post in UK hours, so maybe I'm seeing it more than others.

You seem to have run afoul of the Al Gore Rythm.

Edited by shadroch

It seems to be down to luck. Whenever I've been online it's happened a few times, but only for very short periods, maybe a minute or two.  Not that intrusive for me.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 11/29/2022 at 6:35 PM, Ken Aldred said:

It seems to be down to luck. Whenever I've been online it's happened a few times, but only for very short periods, maybe a minute or two.

I was sending someone some 'how to' instructions by PM the other day and lost the lot - had to do it all twice as it didn't come back - it's a big disincentive to posting anything meaningful (so you should be OK Ken :D)

On 11/29/2022 at 6:40 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

it's a big disincentive to posting anything meaningful (so you should be OK Ken :D)

Absolutely.  That's what it says in my custom title. I take pride in it.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 11/30/2022 at 3:38 PM, GACollectibles said:

Happened about 30 minutes ago

image.thumb.png.880762f91475942ba69fd24777bf7bf9.png

Snap!

30_11_22.thumb.PNG.80e9710e50d03373a749972314837591.PNG

I only started the thread to gauge whether it was happening to everyone and because I had it five times in one day on Monday. We've been here before, and this is how it started last time, gradually getting worse until the site was virtually unusable.

It is annoying if you're in the middle of posting something, especially if you lose it as a result, but if it's only happening a few times a day for a few minutes, as seems to be the case, and it doesn't get any worse, I guess we'll just have to live with it. 

On 11/30/2022 at 4:00 PM, Sigur Ros said:

I was hoping when it finally worked again, it would be a new community.

But nope.  Here you all are.

😉

You get the team you deserve....