• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPAWN! A look back at an award-winning collection of graded slabs.
10 10

820 posts in this topic

SPAWN 246 SKETCH COVER - CGC 9.8 

Yet another variant with no rhyme or reason. Nothing special here. Just black and white. Now, give me your money. 

I was getting sick and tired at this point, but 250 would push me over the top. 

I think my collection stops with 275. 

247bw.jpg

Edited by newshane

On 12/22/2023 at 8:26 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I DO hope you feel better :) :cheers: 

Thanks! The first day was fairly brutal. Just needed a few days of doing nothing. Pretty quick turn around, but I still feel a bit off. It's a very strange virus. Random symptoms come and go. Thankfully it never settled in the chest and stayed upstairs where it's a bit more manageable. 

Glad to be back on the mend! 

SPAWN 250 CAPULLO SKETCH COVER - CGC 9.8 

In case you didn't know, the CGC tells you twice on the label...this one's a sketch cover! lol 

Have to say, it's great seeing Capullo's work return to the series! 

SPAWN 250 BWCAP.jpg

SPAWN 250 JOCK VARIANT - CGC 9.8 - DOUBLE SIGNED BY JOCK AND TODD MCFARLANE

These double thick slabs were very difficult to scan. 

At some point in the mid teens, Todd McFarlane started signing his books as "T. McFarlane" instead of using his entire name. 

250jock.jpg

Edited by newshane

SPAWN 250 MURPHY VARIANT - CGC 9.8 - SIGNED BY SEAN MURPHY 

Probably won't find many of these out there...at least not ones signed by Sean Murphy. 

;-) 

Another one of the last batch I ever had graded. As mentioned before, you can tell because of the "new" slab design. This was one of the "pressure" slabs that was quickly abandoned by the CGC. I wonder how many of this particular design are still out there? 

250murph.jpg

Edited by newshane

On 12/29/2023 at 2:05 PM, newshane said:

As mentioned before, you can tell because of the "new" slab design. This was one of the "pressure" slabs that was quickly abandoned by the CGC. I wonder how many of this particular design are still out there? 

Is that what this is? I have a LD slab where the book is floating in place with no inner well. Thought it was a QC error.

https://d3nvbf5pqk2vjh.cloudfront.net/cgccomics/monthly_2023_01/1724296751_s-l1600(1).jpg.ab07fa1b9e8fc7523076742666fd7ab8.jpg