• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

March 2023 heritage signature auction
5 5

450 posts in this topic

On 3/31/2023 at 2:27 PM, Grant Turner said:

That Kirby/Stone FF 30 page went for 12.6 with BP

there are dealers selling Kirby/Stone pages for 2x that 

Not sure if the market is speaking or if the market is softening 

(and yes I understand that page to page comparisons would have some impact on price)

Believe another boardie noted Kirby prices are "maturing," or settling into a slower rate of increase due to demographics/changing tastes of younger buyers... tend to agree

On 3/31/2023 at 2:26 PM, Matches_Malone said:

Yes, but having the first appearance of Lucifer should give it a boost.

Sure, but when I was looking at the page and considering buying it, what canceled out the Lucifer for me was the woman with 6 drooping breasts, nipples out, right in the middle. Not the most attractive image and definitely one I can't frame for people to see in my house. That's a big knock(er) on the page in my opinion. 

On 3/31/2023 at 2:41 PM, Fischb1 said:

Sure, but when I was looking at the page and considering buying it, what canceled out the Lucifer for me was the woman with 6 drooping breasts, nipples out, right in the middle. Not the most attractive image and definitely one I can't frame for people to see in my house. That's a big knock(er) on the page in my opinion. 

Its hell...what else can we expect.  (:

On 3/31/2023 at 2:39 PM, AlexG_art said:

How much did that Jim Lee Hush page go for previously? Looks like a big drop.

Holy cow...I thought $43.2K looked healthy, but, it sold for $66K a year ago. Yikes. :eek: 

On 3/31/2023 at 2:45 PM, KirbyCollector said:

Wait, I thought a woman with 6 breasts was what I would find in heaven

Six breasts didn't bother me either.

I wonder if the consignor was hoping for first appearance money, and the market wasn't having it because the image of Lucifer is so small.

On 3/31/2023 at 2:45 PM, delekkerste said:

Holy cow...I thought $43.2K looked healthy, but, it sold for $66K a year ago. Yikes. :eek: 

Well, liquidity is tight out there as you know.   I've noticed other collectibles tensing up for some time, and perhaps you have as well.     I guess its finally hitting us here too.

On 3/31/2023 at 2:48 PM, Bronty said:

Well, liquidity is tight out there as you know.   I've noticed other collectibles tensing up for some time, and perhaps you have as well.     I guess its finally hitting us here too.

BTC and the stock market are attractive right now, too... wouldn't be surprised to see BTC at 40 by May, already seeing FOMO

On 3/31/2023 at 2:46 PM, Bronty said:

Six breasts didn't bother me either.

I wonder if the consignor was hoping for first appearance money, and the market wasn't having it because the image of Lucifer is so small.

I spoke with the consignor, and he is somewhat satisfied. He was expecting $70K-80K.  But prices seem to be on the lower end in general. 

I don't feel like we're watching the same auction. I think for the most part the prices are very strong today. Maybe not an advance, but definitely not a regression. There just aren't very many A+ pages. Pages that sold at auction a year ago almost always take a hit if they're thrown right back up to auction. So many pages today went very high imo. Like yesterday, I just don't think the pages are super exciting, but the prices are good. 

that's probably a fair counterpoint as well.     There's some truth in pointing to expectations and recycled lots.    Then again, a weak economy might be the reason for recycled lots in some cases.