• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

March 2023 heritage signature auction
5 5

450 posts in this topic

Sandman #4 page consignor can't be too happy now. That page was offered at $150K, later lowered to $125K. Might have ultimately landed at $100K before going to Heritage.

Sold today for $60K. :ohnoez: 

Edited by delekkerste

On 3/31/2023 at 2:10 PM, tth2 said:

I won something! :banana:

Congrats on the Krazy Kat purchase; they definitely all went cheap, some at pre-pandemic price levels. 

The Great Crash Softening is here!! 

On 4/1/2023 at 2:16 AM, delekkerste said:

Sandman #4 page consignor can't be too happy now. That page was offered at $150K, later lowered to $125K.

Sold today for $60K. :ohnoez: 

Unless those were actual offers in hand, I think the consignor was deluded.  It's actually not that great a page.

On 3/31/2023 at 12:18 PM, delekkerste said:

Congrats on the Krazy Kat purchase; they definitely all went cheap, some at pre-pandemic price levels. 

The Great Crash Softening is here!! 

I was surprised how low the two dailies went. 

On 3/31/2023 at 2:18 PM, Matches_Malone said:

I had it pegged at 75K. The page was listed for 90K at Metro.  I don't think there was ever an ask for over100K

Not sure if it was ever on the website for that much, but, it was initially offered by them at $150K. Don't remember if it was via e-mail blast or if they reached out privately to select customers. Later reduced to $125K. 

On 3/31/2023 at 2:19 PM, tth2 said:

Unless those were actual offers in hand, I think the consignor was deluded.  It's actually not that great a page.

Definitely not actual offers. I liked the page a lot (for a non-Sandman fan); I thought it would do $75-80K.

On 3/31/2023 at 2:19 PM, delekkerste said:

Not sure if it was ever on the website for that much, but, it was initially offered by them at $150K. Don't remember if it was via e-mail blast or if they reached out privately to select customers. Later reduced to $125K. 

I know the consignor,  and it was listed for 90K o the website last year.  If metro offered it privately before posting it on the website for over $100 it was without the knowledge of the consignor.  I know that for sure. 

On 3/31/2023 at 2:22 PM, tth2 said:

Not KK. lol

George Herriman Dingbat Family? :baiting: 

Oh, maybe the Little Orphan Annie? That's pretty cool, oldest known strip to exist. 

Or was it the Richard Tracy Sunday...also pretty cool and not a bank-buster either. hm 

Edited by delekkerste