• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Shooter has my Secret Wars #8 copy and is supposed to send it to me. Has anyone else had this kind of experience? I have been trying to get into contact with him to no avail
2 2

43 posts in this topic

On 2/4/2023 at 12:52 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

@Robbj24 - You should definitely make a documentary about traveling to MEGACON Orlando to confront Jim Shooter about your missing book. I'm not trying to be a jerk; I'd 100% watch that, it'd be some really compelling content!

:popcorn:

On 2/4/2023 at 12:52 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

@Robbj24 - You should definitely make a documentary about traveling to MEGACON Orlando to confront Jim Shooter about your missing book. I'm not trying to be a jerk; I'd 100% watch that, it'd be some really compelling content!

True,  maybe you will find out that he is controlled by his business manager and estranged from his family...

Has there been any progress on this? I mean who takes this kids comic book almost 2 years now?  That's insane! Does Shooter know he has it? Or is this go between guy just pumping you with BS? I find this whole transaction very suspicious. 

On 1/28/2023 at 12:27 PM, Robbj24 said:
Hello, as the title states, I have not been able to get in contact with Shooter about a book (Secret Wars #8) that I paid for him to do a sketch and signature on. I paid and gave him the book at the Charleston Con SC in December of 2021. Shooter said that he would not be able to do the head sketch at the convention due to time restraints and I was uncertain about letting him take it with him but I was assured that he will take care of the book and make sure it is delivered safely to me. I have reached out to his representative from the convention who did the transaction and he replied initially but has left me without any response for over a year now and I have no way of getting into contact with Mr. Shooter.. My Secret Wars #8 copy had 2 signatures and head sketches (John Beatty & Mike Zeck) and it was a qualified CGC 9.0. I cracked the comic out of the case for shooter to sign and sketch and I have receipts and pictures of the comic. This is the very first book that I ever got for Christmas in 2007 as a 10 year old kid and had both Beatty and Zeck sketch it and I cracked it out of the case for Jim Shooter to sign & sketch. This book has very sentinmental value to me and if anyone could give any advice I would be extremely grateful. Below I will post pictures of emails between me and Shooters rep (Shawn Fritz) as well as pictures of me and Shooter at the convention as well as a picture of the book in question and a picture the "head sketch" that I chose directly from Jim's sketchbook at the convention. I have sent well over 10 emails to Shawn Fritz with no response.. 

IMG_7932.jpeg

IMG_7933.jpeg

IMG_7934.jpeg

IMG_7936.jpeg

IMG_7939.jpeg

IMG_7940.jpeg

IMG_7941.jpeg

IMG_7965.jpeg

Any luck @Robbj24?  

On 2/25/2023 at 9:22 AM, JollyComics said:

My parents are 82 years old and their minds are still sharp. They can remember mostly and can be reminded easily.

Jim is only 71 years old.  His health has issues or his memory is relapsed? 

Of course when it comes to aging not every person is going to be in the same condition. Lifestyle, genetics and so forth are common factors in how someone is going to feel and act when they're 82- or 71.

It's been reported that Shooter is walking with a cane but that's a common issue for people who are taller than average, as Shooter famously is. They develop postural disorders and have greater strain on their knees; this does not mean they're automatically going to have comprehension or clarity issues. It's possible that Shooter simply doesn't handle the processing of who ordered what, not that this makes it better, and once he signs off and does his sketch, he's leaving it to a subordinate. 

On 2/26/2023 at 12:09 PM, lordbyroncomics said:

Of course when it comes to aging not every person is going to be in the same condition. Lifestyle, genetics and so forth are common factors in how someone is going to feel and act when they're 82- or 71.

It's been reported that Shooter is walking with a cane but that's a common issue for people who are taller than average, as Shooter famously is. They develop postural disorders and have greater strain on their knees; this does not mean they're automatically going to have comprehension or clarity issues. It's possible that Shooter simply doesn't handle the processing of who ordered what, not that this makes it better, and once he signs off and does his sketch, he's leaving it to a subordinate. 

Oh wow. That’s why he sits often.

I checked his height and weight. The website is dated when he was 63. His height was 6' 7" and weight was 250 lbs. He has aliases: Edward L Norton, Paul Creddick, Big Jim, The Big Guy and "Trouble" Shooter.  I looked up for his health status. Nothing came out but he had a minor surgery when he was 12.

Edited by JollyComics

On 2/26/2023 at 1:23 PM, JollyComics said:

Oh wow. That’s why he sits often.

I checked his height and weight. The website is dated when he was 63. His height was 6' 7" and weight was 250 lbs. He has aliases: Edward L Norton, Paul Creddick, Big Jim, The Big Guy and "Trouble" Shooter.  I looked up for his health status. Nothing came out but he had a minor surgery when he was 12.

Right. Paul Creddick I believe was or is his brother-in-law and he used that when he did pencil work.

6'7 means that the distance between chest and knee are greater therefore it's creating more tension and erosion in the knees; you'll see this with older basketball players or professional wrestlers as well. It's simply a matter of his height and accumulation. 

On 3/6/2023 at 4:38 AM, mrlatko said:

Drive to Heroes Con in Elkhart, Indiana.  QUICK!

PXL_20230305_183458596.jpg

Somebody make a citizen's arrest!!