• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Lets Fans Vote On Membership Of The X-Men, Again
1 1

40 posts in this topic

On 1/31/2023 at 4:39 PM, D2 said:

Whoever set up this voting system, clearly doesn’t care. 

I can’t even vote. It just shows me a bunch of pictures and whenever I click on them, it just pulls up their bio. 

There is no clear way to navigate this. Dumb. Pass. 

Who does? :whatev:

On 2/1/2023 at 7:39 AM, D2 said:

Must be a Canadian thing 

That's an insult!! 

Australian 

BTW Prodigy is a healer and former New X-Men. Frenzy is a former Acolyte and brawler, to give you an idea of who they are. 

On 1/31/2023 at 4:06 PM, Kramerica said:

And I think they ruined Jubilee's character by making her a vampire with a Devil Dinosaur baby

:whatthe:

Must have missed that.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 1/31/2023 at 5:10 PM, Gonzimodo said:

The current X-Men creators apparently don't understand how time works in comic books.  They keep holding these annual elections and stupid events (Hellfire Gala :facepalm:) every year in real time, when in the comics continuity, it's been maybe a month or two at most since the previous ones.  :screwy:

Krakoa, Genosha, variants of the same idea to me.

On 2/1/2023 at 11:33 PM, D2 said:

I’m using my phone. Maybe that’s why it doesn’t work?

I did mine on my phone. Samsung. 

On 1/31/2023 at 9:06 AM, Kramerica said:

And I think they ruined Jubilee's character by making her a vampire with a Devil Dinosaur baby

Yeah, I understand characters have to age/get older/change - and I can live with that for the most part, but what they did with Jubilee was really unfortunate. I discovered that change when I went back to comics years ago and was reading X-23 where she had a guest appearance. I had to wiki Jubillee to see what had happened. :facepalm:

On 2/1/2023 at 8:47 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Yeah, I understand characters have to age/get older/change - and I can live with that for the most part, but what they did with Jubilee was really unfortunate. I discovered that change when I went back to comics years ago and was reading X-23 where she had a guest appearance. I had to wiki Jubillee to see what had happened. :facepalm:

It was just.....dumb. I think Marvel should take a Back to Basics approach with the X-Men. Grant Morrison had the right idea when he chose 5 team members and focused on them during his run. While I wasn't the biggest fan of that run he had plenty of time to really delve into those characters and pretty much ruin them (told you I wasn't the biggest fan). And there should be a mandatory embargo on Wolverine being in the X-Men from 10 years. He should be an Avenger and that's it.

On 2/1/2023 at 9:53 AM, Kramerica said:

It was just.....dumb. I think Marvel should take a Back to Basics approach with the X-Men. Grant Morrison had the right idea when he chose 5 team members and focused on them during his run. While I wasn't the biggest fan of that run he had plenty of time to really delve into those characters and pretty much ruin them (told you I wasn't the biggest fan). And there should be a mandatory embargo on Wolverine being in the X-Men from 10 years. He should be an Avenger and that's it.

Yeah, I am not a huge reader of newer stuff (but trying to get back into it) and - like most people - wading back into classic characters is a bit jarring. I don't know if you can put the genie back in the bottle, but boy - it'd be interesting if they tried. Forgive my generalization because I can't quite remember, but the time/universe displaced original X-Men team that showed up, like 9 years ago (All New X-Men, I think?), was actually a neat read and was a little like that Back to Basics concept you talked about. I don't know what has happened since, but it was a cool story to have those original members dropped into the modern continuity with their older 60's personas somewhat intact.

On 2/2/2023 at 7:50 AM, techtre2003 said:

I couldn't vote either using Chrome browsers but it did work with Microsoft Edge.

lol I voted using Chrome, on my mobile, which is a Samsung. I was wearing boxer shorts and a plain t-shirt at the time. Any other details I can add? 

On 2/2/2023 at 10:32 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

If you don't tell us the color of your underwear, we don't care.

Red, and edible. So redible.

On 2/2/2023 at 6:33 PM, Ken Aldred said:

I'm astonished that Goldballs wasn't suggested as an option.

If only they'd put someone from The Five on the team, I'd love to see Proteus as an X-Man, haha.

I threw my vote in for Dazzler. Honestly, the lineups for all three years have disappointed me. Isn't the point of Krakoa that there was total mutant amnesty and everyone's equal now, until you prove you can't get along? I want more former villains in these votes...and not already-reformed ones like Frenzy. Real former villains. 2021 had Tempo, who never really landed big and then went to obscurity for 20 years. 2022 had...what, Gorgon and Avalanche? Avalanche had already sort of reformed in the Utopia era. Sadly, they already took the best villains and made them Council members, so it's already hard to get them into the lineup...I can't even think of who to put on there now. Which I guess goes well towards how they've reformed a lot? Or just how many never made strong impacts, so the pool of "good" villains is smaller or non-mutant. Ah well. I guess what I mean to say is...

Dazzler forever!

(But especially if paired with Banshee or Siryn.)