• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Season 2 Winter Edition (#5) Round 4
12 12

145 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2023 at 12:50 PM, 01TheDude said:

half arsed attempt at grading completed and submitted

If I gave it more than 5 minutes of actual interest that seems heavy. 

I did not even expand any images - truly given up on this form of contest.

I miss the old ones where we had more prizes donated by members and not 3 winners who get something from CGC.

something about it seems so sterile and lacking in the fun side-- the things being offered were interesting and entertaining.

I tried harder then imo

Those were the best

• Administrator
On 2/9/2023 at 12:50 PM, 01TheDude said:

truly given up on this form of contest.  I miss the old ones where we had more prizes donated by members and not 3 winners who get something from CGC.  something about it seems so sterile and lacking in the fun side-- the things being offered were interesting and entertaining.  I tried harder then imo

I have mentioned in the past that I have no objections to someone starting a prize thread in comics general for these contests.  It would be separate from the CGC prizes.  We will be awarding 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes to the top 3 participants.  

• Administrator
On 2/9/2023 at 3:39 PM, kalanye said:

Well, for someone wanting to sharpen grading skills, I gotta say I love these contests. Thanks @CGC Mike for the time and effort you put in to these! Grades in!

On 2/9/2023 at 5:48 PM, Mars76 said:

No matter where I finish I have fun with these contests. I wish I would have done better like the last contest I was in, but I do appreciate you setting this up@CGC Mike 👍

I am happy to do these contests.  Also, thanks for the kind words that many of you have posted in the threads and in PM's.  Much appreciated.  :smile: