• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic theft
10 10

86 posts in this topic

Please save me the why are you keeping comics in storage unit posts.  I'm really beyond upset right now.

I had 26 magazine boxes of Raw Silver/Bronze age, box of Gold keys stolen from one of my storerooms.

My last visit was 2/1,  could have been any day up until 2 o'clock this after.

All raw,  all graded, priced with my price stickers in upper left corner. 

I do not have a list yet.  I'm literally putting it out there if anybody in NY, NJ or Connecticut is being offered magazine boxes of raws they might be mine.

Boxes are coded,  JB1-JB3,  ZB831-4,    etc,  MM1-4,  CHD1-2,  Gold Key.

I will take care of anyone that can help get me this inventory back.

I am currently work on a list,   

On 2/7/2023 at 10:21 PM, blazingbob said:

This is a Public storage,  not some small out in the middle of no where facility.   

Bob, sorry to hear about this.

Do you know how they got into your unit?

Cut a lock?  Break through a side wall from an adjoining unit?

Yeah this definitely sounds like an inside job to me. Maybe someone watching every time you came in. An employee who knows some shady people. Get a list out and definitely check places like craigslist, local shops, ebay , Facebook marketplace etc... Hope these come back to you. Was the police department any help ?

Sorry to hear of your loss, hopefully temporary. Anyone who has been a victim of burglary knows how low down someone has to be to do this. It’s not just what you lose, but also, frequently not knowing the full extent of that loss. It’s a kind of personal violation. Many years have passed since suffering my one break in and theft, and it still makes me angry. Good luck to you, Bob.

Sorry to hear about this, Bob. Good luck in retrieving any of this stolen inventory.