• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

YouTuber kicked out of 2 Comic Shops, Leaves Negative Reviews
1 1

165 posts in this topic

On 2/16/2023 at 10:39 PM, lordbyroncomics said:

Holy s**t, which member here is "West coast border hound"

I was a little kid in the 80s', that makes me a boomer suddenly! Can't make it up.

I apologize of ever posting this thread if it's causing feuds and fiefdoms suddenly; my intention was purely for discussion purposes. Unless you're West Coast Border-dude, in which case I'm terribly offended

Worth noting how excited the videographer is that there's a negative thread about him. That says everything about his pathology. Won't learn anything about considering other viewpoints.

wait what.PNG

I'm trying to figure out if "West Coast Border Hounds" is/are:

A) A pack of hounds that patrol the West Coast, keeping the borders of Washington, Oregon and California safe from ocean dwellers

B) A group of people who board rescue dogs on the West Coast but also have problems with spelling

C) A snitch who likes to stir s#!t up online and look out for their bruhs who are being dissed and dragged by boomers and Gen Xers who ain't got nothin better to do than bite your style bruh, u do u, I been showin out for a minute on your vids homie, gimme a shout in the comments if ya feel me fam!

All fun aside, to be fair...

letterkenny-to-be-fair.gif.752e25be5e71d56cc6efbed7f945e8d0.gif

It does look like he admits/understands the error of his ways, or at least says so, based on his recent comments:

1245587332_ScreenShot2023-02-16at11_51_30PM.thumb.png.e27e47eb1a2f0712208832475eba82e8.png

914720680_ScreenShot2023-02-16at11_50_45PM.thumb.png.61c93c1f594e502b8033b1ae76947d1c.png

@Jesse-Lee

I saw those as well initially and thought, well okay. But he seems to have changed his mind as those were the initial pushbacks he received so he probably anticipated more people telling him his conduct was poor. But when other guys were like yeah, screw those owners, burn it down, he seemed to change his tone and embrace being a muckraker so I'm not sure how much he's learned. The unfortunate thing is that just discussing this is giving him attention which is what he really craves more than keys or omnibus editions.

On 2/17/2023 at 12:07 AM, lordbyroncomics said:

@Jesse-Lee

I saw those as well initially and thought, well okay. But he seems to have changed his mind as those were the initial pushbacks he received so he probably anticipated more people telling him his conduct was poor. But when other guys were like yeah, screw those owners, burn it down, he seemed to change his tone and embrace being a muckraker so I'm not sure how much he's learned. The unfortunate thing is that just discussing this is giving him attention which is what he really craves more than keys or omnibus editions.

Ah, I wondered about that. It's a matter of choice to do the right thing from the get-go, and it's even harder to own up to it when you don't make the right choice; but it's easy to give lip service and then continue on your merry way. I was hoping he was owning up and I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt in case we were being too harsh, but I was also skeptical.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 2/17/2023 at 1:19 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

Ah, I wondered about that. It's a matter of choice to do the right thing from the get-go, and it's even harder to own up to it when you don't make the right choice; but it's easy to give lip service and then continue on your merry way. I was hoping he was owning up and I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt in case we were being too harsh, but I was also skeptical.

Of course, I could be wrong but his excitement to share a thread that is mostly criticizing him doesn't display too much awareness.

On 2/17/2023 at 12:22 AM, lordbyroncomics said:

Of course, I could be wrong but his excitement to share a thread that is mostly criticizing him doesn't display too much awareness.

Yeah, very true - seems like he's all in on "anything for the views."

On 2/15/2023 at 9:52 PM, StingerMcK said:

What a small world. I was in Roanoke for the weekend and was in Basement Comics (for the first time) right after this happened. The owner was typing his rebuttal review at the time. Boy he was mad about what just happened. 

The last shop he went to - B & D Comics in Roanoke - was my first comic book store back in the early 80s when I was in college. Nice store back then, different location (and I think this is at least the 3rd location they've been in over the years).

On 2/17/2023 at 12:33 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

The current state of society defined in a single picture

AE9BFA26-0598-4999-B021-85AB25FF914C.thumb.jpeg.2debf7fd62b8e473df7d0cf2a5da8122.jpeg

I must admit that I would certainly be interested in taking that picture (you know... for science) but it would just escalate into a race between those beefy testosterone-imbued lads surrounding her or my wife to beat me to a pulp.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

On 2/16/2023 at 11:39 PM, lordbyroncomics said:

I apologize of ever posting this thread if it's causing feuds and fiefdoms suddenly; my intention was purely for discussion purposes.

You have nothing to apologize for. In fact, I think it was your duty to share this with the hobby.

Aside from an obvious distaste for snitches (West Coast Boarder, who are youuuuuu?) these are indeed public forums, and everything said here is easy to find and read. So, I have no problem with that, and would invite the Youtube dude to come here and join a healthy discussion. It's never too late to say "Oops, I made a bad call here" and even delete the video. He doesn't answer to us, or anybody aside from his own conscience, but hopefully the pushback will be instructive and lead to some introspection. Seems unlikely, but you never know! I've mouthed off and made a lot of mistakes when I was a young man. Did some crummy stuff. Everyone gets a second chance. I don't know this guy from anyone else, but if he DOES have a platform, it would be cool to see it used to promote a LOVE of comics, and not cynical clickbait negativity. That stuff just gets me down.