• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fill in the Blank: UPS delivery is ____
2 2

22 posts in this topic

My choice is Insane

Good lord, UPS is worse than all of them when trying to get a package if you know you won't be home.  For $7.99 they will hold it at the UPS Customer Center.  For $5.99 they have it held at a partner (UPS Store etc...) 

They won't charge you if they try to deliver 3 times and you are not home.  They will hold it for pickup at the UPS Customer Center at no cost.  I call to ask if they just don't try to deliver and hold it, but that will cost me $7.99.  It will cost them more than that to try and deliver to my house 3 times.  Aughh! :pullhair:

On 2/21/2023 at 12:23 PM, toro said:

My choice is Insane

Good lord, UPS is worse than all of them when trying to get a package if you know you won't be home.  For $7.99 they will hold it at the UPS Customer Center.  For $5.99 they have it held at a partner (UPS Store etc...) 

They won't charge you if they try to deliver 3 times and you are not home.  They will hold it for pickup at the UPS Customer Center at no cost.  I call to ask if they just don't try to deliver and hold it, but that will cost me $7.99.  It will cost them more than that to try and deliver to my house 3 times.  Aughh! :pullhair:

good old capitalism, just another way to squeeze money out of the consumer. 

...what is being used for a book I just ordered and I hope it arrives at MY door instead of someone elses, which is what happened last time! :makepoint: :wishluck:

Update;  they got it right this time! :whee:

Edited by s-man

So I did not have a birth certificate and had to recently get one.  NYC would only send it out to me via UPS.

All of a sudden I received notification that it was sent out and due to my proximity it would be delivered that same day which would not allow me to make sure anyone would be home to receive it.  I had to pay $19.99 for one year's worth of priority upgradable super duper excellento service so I could have it re-routed to a store to pick up.  Annoying but necessary since, hey, "birth certificate."

However, while Fed Ex is free to reroute to Walgreens, I trust UPS and especially USPS with far greater confidence than Fed Ex. 

I did have a CGC shipment that was registered USPO go AWOL.  I spent two weeks calling and they couldn’t find it.  My wife said “I bet it is at this PO becuase that is where they always hold them”. She went there and came home with the package.  It was just sitting in the back room.

On 2/22/2023 at 7:53 AM, comicjack said:

With Fedex it's hide and go seek trying to find who got my package lol

Last week Fed ex dropped off four VERY large packages on my stoop the other day that needed to be signed for.

Spoiler alert... 

Not a single package was mine. 

I hope the person complained and someone got fired.  It goes on way too much around here.   

I took the packages to the right home and dropped them off myself. 

On 2/22/2023 at 11:12 AM, batman_fan said:

I did have a CGC shipment that was registered USPO go AWOL.  I spent two weeks calling and they couldn’t find it.  My wife said “I bet it is at this PO becuase that is where they always hold them”. She went there and came home with the package.  It was just sitting in the back room.

Can you send your wife to Sarasota so she can find my McFarlane book that has been stuck in CCS for over 2 months.  :)

Is OK depending on what kind of day the driver is having.

Some days he sets down our boxes at home, sometimes he drops them from waist level. I imagine worse happens to them en route. I currently have no complaints on the shippers. It was pretty bad 6 months ago, but they must have righted the ship.

About three years ago my wife called me to ask if I had ordered a very large television since she was at home at the time and two FedEx employees had left such on our front pathway. I told her I had not and as we were speaking she informed me that the two gentlemen returned and collected the television.

We imagine that they realized they left it at the wrong address, went around the block and returned.

As concerns UPS, nothing that _____________ has occurred to us ... yet.

On 2/22/2023 at 1:13 PM, Buzzetta said:

Last week Fed ex dropped off four VERY large packages on my stoop the other day that needed to be signed for.

Spoiler alert... 

Not a single package was mine. 

I hope the person complained and someone got fired.  It goes on way too much around here.   

I took the packages to the right home and dropped them off myself. 

That is what good people do the right thing (thumbsu

____ one of the harder jobs to do well. Period. 

Between the traffic, the management tracking every action, the sheer physical toll... it always amazes me they can still manage to muster a smile, hold the door & walk 4 flights to drop a package at one's door. 

I encourage anyone to walk a mile in their shoes ... become a driver helper for the season (as I have done 3 seasons). Guaranteed to lose 10lbs and see some beautiful sunsets.