• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective Comics 27 sales 2021-2022
2 2

39 posts in this topic

On 5/6/2023 at 11:49 AM, Tbone911t said:
On 5/6/2023 at 9:04 AM, Mr bla bla said:

What will it run ya these days to get such a book slabbed? Read somewhere a dude complaining he had to cough up 40K to get his Action 1 entombed by cgc.

4%

I guess that means CGC had placed a value of $1M on that copy of Action Comics 1.  :banana:

With having to pay that kind of money to have a book graded, it's no wonder most collectors don't slab their books until it comes time to sell them. hm

On 5/10/2023 at 4:40 PM, lou_fine said:

I guess that means CGC had placed a value of $1M on that copy of Action Comics 1.  :banana:

With having to pay that kind of money to have a book graded, it's no wonder most collectors don't slab their books until it comes time to sell them. hm

Amen to that 😆

On 5/10/2023 at 7:40 AM, lou_fine said:

:banana:

This Detective 27 announced on FB to come out for online auction in Nov, 2023:

May be an image of Superman and text

On 5/30/2023 at 12:27 PM, aardvark88 said:

This Detective 27 announced on FB to come out for online auction in Nov, 2023:

May be an image of Superman and text

WoW!  That has to be restored, right?  Not that I'm in the running, but any details on the grade?

On 6/1/2023 at 10:42 AM, aardvark88 said:

From the Ian Levine complete DC collection. Most likely conserved or restored; enroute to CGC.

May be an image of text

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around how this "levine" collection sold as one whole collection with these huge books unslabbed ??!!!!  and just a few years ago ......  any help in explaining how and why 

On 5/10/2023 at 10:40 AM, lou_fine said:

I think the answer is two-part

1) if you were sitting on such a big book(s), should have been graded a while ago

2) if you ever decide to sell such a huge book, I'm sure the big auction houses will slab it for you at no charge or a shared charge in your favor

It's a shame that the owner is not using one of the big auction houses (HA, CC, Clink) to sell this collection.  The collection, with its extraordinary completeness, is too important and valuable to sell in a relatively unknown venue that will not be visited by most of the hobby.

On 6/1/2023 at 10:09 AM, RareHighGrade said:

It's a shame that the owner is not using one of the big auction houses (HA, CC, Clink) to sell this collection.  The collection, with its extraordinary completeness, is too important and valuable to sell in a relatively unknown venue that will not be visited by most of the hobby.

Hopefully can steal some for bargain prices lol

On 6/2/2023 at 11:20 AM, fishbone said:

imagine what his whole collection looked like, all unslabbed too ....... Jeez Louise !!

I cannot compare at all, but here is a few group shots of my unslabbed days:

one.png

two.png

three.png

four.png

Wow you got some great books send some my way :cheers:

On 5/3/2023 at 3:57 PM, woowoo said:

Here is my picture of the book and I know it's worth couple hundred more than the $1300 I paid Gerber. :baiting:image.png.ecc58426291846c9ba49eec40e43a790.png

Surprised someone would pay 1300 for a blurry photo....

:kidaround: