• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Age Batman
5 5

123 posts in this topic

New issue being released this week! :headbang:

Batman vol. 3 #135 (#900)

Description: 

It's Batman versus Red Mask in a brutal Gotham that's never known hope! Can the Dark Knight overcome the terrifying infection that Red Mask has unleashed? Only one thing is certain: he won't be able to do it alone.

The conclusion to the bestselling "The Bat-Man of Gotham" is so big it could only be contained in an oversize #900 anniversary issue featuring the return of fan-favorite artist Jorge Jimenez and a wild collection of guest stars! Full of wild revelations and a new path for Batman, this is one issue you won't want to miss!

Batman135.thumb.jpg.141ea51c2dc90356e4a034658d8e7189.jpg

On 3/30/2023 at 8:01 PM, The Commissioner said:

Batman 608 is what I consider to be the start of the "modern-age" of Batman.

I can agree with that. There was a logo change and so it felt fresh.

Your post actually was in such agreement with me, I am now working on that to current batman

On 5/1/2023 at 3:05 PM, oldbsturgeon said:

I can agree with that. There was a logo change and so it felt fresh.

Your post actually was in such agreement with me, I am now working on that to current batman

That's quite the endeavor! You'll need to post in here and give updates on your progress!

On 5/1/2023 at 9:43 AM, The Commissioner said:

New issue being released this week! :headbang:

Batman vol. 3 #135 (#900)

Description: 

It's Batman versus Red Mask in a brutal Gotham that's never known hope! Can the Dark Knight overcome the terrifying infection that Red Mask has unleashed? Only one thing is certain: he won't be able to do it alone.

The conclusion to the bestselling "The Bat-Man of Gotham" is so big it could only be contained in an oversize #900 anniversary issue featuring the return of fan-favorite artist Jorge Jimenez and a wild collection of guest stars! Full of wild revelations and a new path for Batman, this is one issue you won't want to miss!

Batman135.thumb.jpg.141ea51c2dc90356e4a034658d8e7189.jpg

They didn’t have this cover at my store when I got there after work so got the artgerm variant they had left

On 5/3/2023 at 5:48 PM, oldbsturgeon said:

They didn’t have this cover at my store when I got there after work so got the artgerm variant they had left

I managed to get the last "A Cover" copy that the store had. Popular issue this week.

My thoughts on this issue.

Spoiler

I loved Batman jumping throughout the multiverse and meeting all of the other Batmen. I thought it was neat when we ran into Michael Keaton's and Adam West's Batman.

I wish Alfred would've gone with him back to our Batman's Gotham, but I understand his reasoning for staying behind (his wife, wanting to help rebuild his city, etc.)

Overall, good story and exciting ending. 

On 5/5/2023 at 9:56 AM, workingdog said:

I am really enjoying the current run by Zdarsky. The preceding (short) run by Willaimson I thought was pretty good too.

I agree, Zdarsky's run has been very enjoyable. Some parts seemed a little ridiculous at times (Batman falling from space for example) but what comic books aren't? 

I like that Tim Drake is back as Robin. He was great during the Hush storyline, so it's nice to have him back helping Batman. 

On 5/5/2023 at 7:15 AM, Browns81 said:

What is the deal with Detective Comics (New 52) 23 and the four 23.1, .2, .3, .4 issues?  Just a sales gimmick?  They don’t seem to add to the legacy numbering.

That happened as well to New 52 Batman. I wish they just would have kept regular numbering but that's my opinion. 

On 5/5/2023 at 12:27 PM, The Commissioner said:

That happened as well to New 52 Batman. I wish they just would have kept regular numbering but that's my opinion. 

So was it just a way to get 5 different books out at the same time?  Why?

On 5/5/2023 at 11:50 AM, Browns81 said:

So was it just a way to get 5 different books out at the same time?  Why?

It was a gimmick at the time.  23.1 thru 23.4 were 3-D Lenticular covers. Each one featured a different Batman villain. 

23.1 - Joker

23.2 - Riddler

23.3 - Penguin

23.4 - Bane

On 5/1/2023 at 5:50 PM, The Commissioner said:

That's quite the endeavor! You'll need to post in here and give updates on your progress!

From 608-713, I have like 30 issues to go now.

last weekend I got 635 which was the priciest of the modern run. For new 52, I have court of owls done and then the other random Jock covers throughout that volume 2.

vol 3 is pretty sparse though with only a couple of the books, all jock covers. 

On 5/6/2023 at 1:44 PM, oldbsturgeon said:

From 608-713, I have like 30 issues to go now.

last weekend I got 635 which was the priciest of the modern run. For new 52, I have court of owls done and then the other random Jock covers throughout that volume 2.

vol 3 is pretty sparse though with only a couple of the books, all jock covers. 

You need to post pictures! :headbang: