• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Indiana Comic show report
2 2

42 posts in this topic

On 3/12/2023 at 8:28 PM, Raze said:

I forgot to mention dealer prices. From what I saw the prices were reasonable and the dealers seemed like they were all selling pretty well. I saw dealers buy and trade.

The biggest book I saw sel was a LBCole Trilling Crime pictured. I wasnt at the table at the time but saw the new owner showing it off and talked a little with him.

There was one dealer that had a lot of books that I really wanted but was only able to pick up one from him.

48DC4FE2-AC99-4B74-9E06-76A396C6E214.jpeg

Appreciate the con report.  Always wonderful to see what's for sale and how shows are doing.

On 3/12/2023 at 9:28 PM, Raze said:

I forgot to mention dealer prices. From what I saw the prices were reasonable and the dealers seemed like they were all selling pretty well. I saw dealers buy and trade.

The biggest book I saw sel was a LBCole Trilling Crime pictured. I wasnt at the table at the time but saw the new owner showing it off and talked a little with him.

There was one dealer that had a lot of books that I really wanted but was only able to pick up one from him.

48DC4FE2-AC99-4B74-9E06-76A396C6E214.jpeg

That’s a good price on that LB Cole

I was bummed to miss the show this year. I went to the first one and was happy to meet fastball, Azkaban, etc. Did lots of good buying. This year the show fell on the same weekend as the Arcade Expo, and that's a tradition going back many years with my friends. So, I really couldn't miss it. But I will try to get to the next show if I can!

Edited by F For Fake

On 3/15/2023 at 8:06 AM, Mutant Manatee said:

Great report, thanks for starting the thread!   

I was there too, I made the 1 1/2 hour drive from Robinson, Illinois.  Although I was somewhat pressed for time I managed to pick up some gold.  I, too, was impressed with the selection and the prices.  There was pretty much something for everyone at this show as far as comic books go.

I made the majority of my purchases with one dealer, Mark Scott.  I was thrilled to pick up a Masked Ranger #9 which is a super rare book with artwork by pretty much the entire Fleagle Gang.  That book alone made the trip worthwhile for me.  

This was my first experience with this show but I will definitely be returning in the future!

GROUP smaller.jpg

MASKED RANGER 9 smaller.jpg

If Im jot mistaken I spoke with you about your recent purchase of the Battlefront’s book?!

I dont know which dealer Mark Scott was, was he on the corner in a dark area?

On 3/15/2023 at 6:40 PM, Raze said:

If Im jot mistaken I spoke with you about your recent purchase of the Battlefront’s book?!

I dont know which dealer Mark Scott was, was he on the corner in a dark area?

I had Fighting Front #2 and #3 in my hands and you commented that I almost had the full set. (If I'm thinking of the right person.)  I ultimately decided not to purchase #2.  

Yes, Mark Scott was on the corner in the dark area.  I think I was at his booth when you spoke to me.  Here is a photo of him and me:

MARK TONY.jpg

On 3/16/2023 at 7:39 AM, Mutant Manatee said:

I had Fighting Front #2 and #3 in my hands and you commented that I almost had the full set. (If I'm thinking of the right person.)  I ultimately decided not to purchase #2.  

Yes, Mark Scott was on the corner in the dark area.  I think I was at his booth when you spoke to me.  Here is a photo of him and me:

MARK TONY.jpg

Yes that was me! Glad to meet another boardie. I did get one book from him. It was the Picture stories from American History.