• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC lost 38 of my comics
7 7

98 posts in this topic

On 7/12/2023 at 10:25 PM, Joe Fox said:

"not showing this tracking number as being scanned into our warehouse yet but it may have been missed" - they asked for the submission number and would look into it... 

Just heard back and they blame the post office... they're asking me to file a lost claim with the post office even though the package must have been signed for. My biggest grail... 

• Administrator
On 7/12/2023 at 9:39 AM, Joe Fox said:
On 7/12/2023 at 9:25 AM, Joe Fox said:

"not showing this tracking number as being scanned into our warehouse yet but it may have been missed" - they asked for the submission number and would look into it... 

Just heard back and they blame the post office... they're asking me to file a lost claim with the post office even though the package must have been signed for. My biggest grail... 

Could I get a tracking number?

On 7/12/2023 at 9:39 AM, Joe Fox said:

If you sent it with Signature Confirmation, can you get an image online of the signature? Or some type of proof of delivery from USPS?

On 7/12/2023 at 1:36 PM, Joe Fox said:

First of all they have found my books!!!! The first lot that is... the 21 books from about 15 months ago... so that's great news

Secondly they "are currently receiving packaged delivered on 6/26, so your package should show up in our system today or tomorrow"

@CGC Mike 9461211206215408997582 and CGC6790710307

Make sure they still compensate you for your trouble, happy for you though

On 7/12/2023 at 3:36 PM, Joe Fox said:

First of all they have found my books!!!! The first lot that is... the 21 books from about 15 months ago... so that's great news

Secondly they "are currently receiving packaged delivered on 6/26, so your package should show up in our system today or tomorrow"

Do you have pictures of the books prior to sending them in?

I am always curious if CGC has actually "found" the books or replaced them.

• Administrator
On 7/12/2023 at 4:36 PM, Joe Fox said:

@CGC Mike 9461211206215408997582 and CGC6790710307

Glad to hear your books were found.  It appears you have already checked regarding the 6/26 books.  I sent the e-mail anyways, and will let you know what I am told.

On 7/13/2023 at 9:37 AM, DougC said:

Do you have pictures of the books prior to sending them in?

I am always curious if CGC has actually "found" the books or replaced them.

I have enough photos to check that when they're here. Besides there's at least one they really would struggle to replace and I had offered to accept suitable replacements anyway. 

On 7/13/2023 at 9:52 AM, CGC Mike said:

Glad to hear your books were found.  It appears you have already checked regarding the 6/26 books.  I sent the e-mail anyways, and will let you know what I am told.

Thanks Mike 

On 6/30/2023 at 9:44 PM, hym122 said:

The book missing was the first appearance of Darkseid (Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen 134). I spent a good deal of time and money getting a high grade copy of it and now it’s gone. Unfortunately I am not sure if next steps. I’d just like to get the book back at this point. 

I’m not sure if there is someone at CGC who monitors these forums but I’d like someone to reach out to me. Below are the scans of the book missing. 

CGC 6-6-2023 page 3.jpeg

CGC 6-6-2023 page 4.jpeg

I would think this is a pretty easy book for CGC to replace if it was missing.  Copies of books in this condition are pretty common on ebay for about $100-$150.

• Administrator
On 7/13/2023 at 1:18 AM, Joe Fox said:
On 7/12/2023 at 8:52 PM, CGC Mike said:

Thanks Mike 

It appears that your books were received into the system today.

On 7/11/2023 at 6:29 PM, Gaard said:

@hym122 Did CGC happen to say why there was no video to review? Contradicts what their own website states.

Nope, and I can’t get an answer out of them either. I specifically asked them about the video and I attached the screenshot from their website that specifically said in step 1 it is under surveillance video. They are also very slow to get back to me and I have to keep reaching out to them. The CS rep responded to me on July 7th after I questioned them on the video again. Notice how they don’t even mention the video: Hello Kristopher,
I had forwarded your information to our claims department. Someone will be reaching out to you next week regarding this situation. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

I emailed them again on the 12th since I did not hear back from anyone and the CS rep responded: Hello Kristopher,
Your invoice was sent to claims on Friday. Please allow some more time for our claims department to reach out to you. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 
So that’s where I am at now. Well over a month since they got the package from FedEx and still no word on my book or resolution. 

Maybe @CGC Mike can help since I see him on the boards assisting with these issues. 

• Administrator
On 7/17/2023 at 9:39 PM, hym122 said:

Maybe @CGC Mike can help since I see him on the boards assisting with these issues. 

I can reach out to claims and see where we are at.  I will also check with the operations manager, and see if he knows anything about your submissions.  Please send me the submission numbers and I will see what I can find out.  If you could title the PM the same as this thread, that would be great, as I will be sending about 130 PM's soon.  

On 7/17/2023 at 9:51 PM, CGC Mike said:

I can reach out to claims and see where we are at.  I will also check with the operations manager, and see if he knows anything about your submissions.  Please send me the submission numbers and I will see what I can find out.  If you could title the PM the same as this thread, that would be great, as I will be sending about 130 PM's soon.  

Thanks @CGC Mike, PM sent

Edited by hym122