• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC lost 38 of my comics
7 7

98 posts in this topic

I submitted 38 comics fast track, many were golden age books.  They were received in February.  It's now March 17th and they have no idea where my books are.  I received a return receipt, so they definitely received them.  Order number is CGC 4155651622.  I've been calling customer support every day and they are completely useless.  Can't find any POC's listed for CGC anywhere.  Linkedin has two receiving clerks listed, but they aren't responding (Darian Kafer and Angela Caselle).  I'm becoming very disconcerted about this and about to file an insurance claim.  Please help!

There’s an “ask cgc” section here on the boards where they are fairly responsive. Consider that.

also the cgc website should have some emails of folks.

also cgc almost certainly has Facebook and instagram, you can consider sending some private messages.

also, what is a “return receipt?”

and what were the customer service phone responses that were useless?

Edited by revat

Return receipt is with USPS and customer service phone responses have been useless because I've called in every day for the last 2 weeks and every time they tell me that they've sent a message to the receiving department and no one has ever gotten back to me about it.

• Administrator
On 3/17/2023 at 7:37 AM, comic-traders said:

Return receipt is with USPS and customer service phone responses have been useless because I've called in every day for the last 2 weeks and every time they tell me that they've sent a message to the receiving department and no one has ever gotten back to me about it.

Hi

I am sorry this has happened to you.  I will look into this and see what I can find out.

Mike

• Administrator
On 3/17/2023 at 7:37 AM, comic-traders said:

Did you sent the 38 comics in 1 box?  If not, do you have tracking numbers for the boxes you sent in?

• Administrator
On 3/17/2023 at 1:18 PM, comic-traders said:

I sent the comics in 1 box and the tracking number is RF414281837US.  There were two orders in the same box.  The first order was for 1 magazine which has already been posted to my account.  

Thanks.  I will pass this info along.

Thanks.  Are you able to share to whom you will be passing this along to?  I would like to speak directly with someone in the receiving department and I can't get through to anyone.  I'm tired of going in circles with different people.  

• Administrator
On 3/17/2023 at 1:25 PM, comic-traders said:

Thanks.  Are you able to share to whom you will be passing this along to?  I would like to speak directly with someone in the receiving department and I can't get through to anyone.  I'm tired of going in circles with different people.  

I am sorry, but I can't add you to the e-mails.  However, I will work diligently to find out where the remaining books are.  Most likely, we won't have any info for you until Monday.

• Administrator
On 3/17/2023 at 1:32 PM, comic-traders said:

OK.  Please keep me posted.  Thanks again

I will.  Currently, there are several managers from different departments looking into this.  

On 5/24/2023 at 11:19 PM, DougC said:

...or payed him out and he isn't allowed to post about it.

Yes, this is actually a thing. I've seen/heard it happen. I just can't figure out the 'why' CGC makes this a stipulation. It can't be to avoid any negative publicity, Lord knows that ship has sailed years ago.

I'm going through something similar. My books have been on my dashboard since last June. In April this year I asked why it was taking so long and they responded that the expected turnaround time when I submitted hadn't yet expired so I waited a bit longer and when I asked again was told my submission would now be rushed... waited a bit longer and asked again... they said they don't know where my books are but they don't think they are lost... yet.