• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Registry Awards
4 4

63 posts in this topic

On 8/25/2023 at 3:57 PM, Yorick said:

If you want to attract more attention and competition within a custom set, I don't think you'll achieve that with rare printer error comics.  YOU are in a class of your own with those.

Also, 675+ slabs is daunting.  I have an Adam Hughes Cover Set too (hey! we're neighbors!!), but I have no illusion of ever completing or competing for the top spot there.

A good competitive set would be a smaller "run" of comics that are popular.

Amen. Time and effort, but dedicated time and effort, to one specific genre, closest I come is X-men. The encouragement is appreciated though ^^

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/9/2023 at 2:11 AM, wytshus said:

If you take a look at this year's winners, you will see that we put a premium on sincere passion for the hobby.  

@Daffaholic's set is everything we look for in a Custom Set.  It still amazes me what can be accomplished in the Collector's Society if someone has a mind to express their love for comic collecting.

For me, this image alone was enough, I never watched the series, but I absolutely love the artwork!

Title

This is one of the coolest sets I have ever read!

Quick one, gents... two, actually.

1) Still cannot find anywhere where I can see or print my Certificate for winning the Registry Award.  I can be completely missing it... but I don't think so.

2) Award package came in.  Absolutely awesome!  Not going to complain about the broken chip out of the corner of the plaque... it's probably poetic that way!  However, the slab came in with an absolute TON of dirt and fingerprints on the inside of it.  Again... maybe an ironic situation... especially with the amount of people who complain about the smallest and silliest things on Facebook!  :) 

Since I cannot even look up the cert number (for some reason), I was wondering if there was anything I could do about having it sent back as an ME and corrected?  Maybe the stupidest question... but I figured it was worth asking this group specifically.

Thanks... and, truly, thank you again for recognizing my set!

- Bob

On 9/15/2023 at 1:49 PM, Daffaholic said:

1) Still cannot find anywhere where I can see or print my Certificate for winning the Registry Award.  I can be completely missing it... but I don't think so.

2) Award package came in.  Absolutely awesome!  Not going to complain about the broken chip out of the corner of the plaque... it's probably poetic that way!  However, the slab came in with an absolute TON of dirt and fingerprints on the inside of it.  Again... maybe an ironic situation... especially with the amount of people who complain about the smallest and silliest things on Facebook!  :) 

Since I cannot even look up the cert number (for some reason), I was wondering if there was anything I could do about having it sent back as an ME and corrected?  Maybe the stupidest question... but I figured it was worth asking this group specifically.

- Bob

image.png.55bcca3ec8d588b5cef1afd7fb0e8ebf.pngimage.png.67746e3360c86637d75f035c0b6e7c96.pngimage.png.8462e649898904778a4480f330587dff.png

Go to

cgccomics.com

This is assuming you have your own account, shame about the plaque, but is so COOL so pics if you want, and also pics of the slab but @CGC Mike might be able to help with the "ME"; although, sounds like it needs a press and clean if fingerprints ??? I'm not sure, but I am sure it is 9.8, and I'm sure cgc will work it out.

CONGRATS AGAIN!!

On 9/15/2023 at 3:09 PM, Daffaholic said:

Ok... I'm NOT losing it, thankfully... Awards doesn't show as an option for me at all.  And dude, thank YOU!  Some of your work and help is what pushed me to finally "make the set presentable!" 

CGC Screen1.JPG

CGC Screen2.JPG

@CGC Mike

On 9/15/2023 at 3:09 PM, Daffaholic said:

Ok... I'm NOT losing it, thankfully... Awards doesn't show as an option for me at all.  And dude, thank YOU!  Some of your work and help is what pushed me to finally "make the set presentable!" 

CGC Screen1.JPG

CGC Screen2.JPG

lol Well I can't cry emoji to a post like that lol It "should work though" lol but I'm glad you got the PLAQUE!!!

• Administrator
On 9/15/2023 at 2:49 PM, Daffaholic said:

- Bob

@Daffaholic  Let me look into the issues you have mentioned.  I probably will not have answers until Monday.

• Administrator
On 9/15/2023 at 2:49 PM, Daffaholic said:

Hi

Can you post pictures of the slab showing dirt inside the holder?

Thanks

On 9/18/2023 at 12:06 PM, CGC Mike said:

Hi

Can you post pictures of the slab showing dirt inside the holder?

Thanks

Afternoon!

Sorry for the delay… finally got around to trying to get a few good photos. Really tough with the glare… but they are everywhere. 

Reached out to Kayla S. about it who suggested sending it in as an ME or Re holder… but the cert number is not in the registry (I assume none of the awarded slabs are).

so… I couldn’t send it in that way if I tried!

as for photos:

IMG_9279.jpeg

IMG_9273.jpeg

IMG_9274.jpeg

IMG_9275.jpeg

IMG_9277.jpeg

IMG_9278.jpeg

IMG_9283.jpeg

IMG_9285.jpeg

IMG_9281.jpeg

On 9/28/2023 at 11:35 AM, Daffaholic said:

Afternoon!

Sorry for the delay… finally got around to trying to get a few good photos. Really tough with the glare… but they are everywhere. 

Reached out to Kayla S. about it who suggested sending it in as an ME or Re holder… but the cert number is not in the registry (I assume none of the awarded slabs are).

as for photos:

IMG_9279.jpeg

IMG_9273.jpeg

IMG_9274.jpeg

IMG_9275.jpeg

IMG_9277.jpeg

IMG_9278.jpeg

IMG_9283.jpeg

IMG_9285.jpeg

IMG_9281.jpeg

FYI it should show up under certification number period, so don't think that it shouldn't :) 

On 9/28/2023 at 11:54 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

FYI it should show up under certification number period, so don't think that it shouldn't :) 

@Daffaholic the cert number shows up!!!!

I think you meant the registry, where you would have to manually input it... I'm not sure the confusion, but the CERTIFICATION IS LEGIT ^^

image.png.05d9174ac73eba528f6a681ef59b0d43.png

What you would do to see it on your own?

Is go to cgccomics.com

hover over resources

click on verify cgc certification

then enter the cert number.

It comes right up!
The "registry" as you called it is a different animal, where you'd have to create a set, name it, then enter the cert on the slab, which SHOULD still work, but I think that may have been the confusion :) 

image.thumb.png.df26fb10c7bb1620a08e7d1550bf4fea.png

• Administrator
On 9/28/2023 at 12:35 PM, Daffaholic said:

I'm going to send you a PM with the details of getting this reholdered.

Read this entire thread, what a nightmare! How can anyone trust a company to grade things properly with so much control over the process, but things like this slip through. Then when you send in your investment to fix the issue, risk having the value decreased beyond your control. My word.

On 2/25/2024 at 8:59 AM, Kortoga said:

Read this entire thread, what a nightmare! How can anyone trust a company to grade things properly with so much control over the process, but things like this slip through. Then when you send in your investment to fix the issue, risk having the value decreased beyond your control. My word.

Yeah, not a concern whatsoever, because I understand the possible human element of error, especially with regards to handling and grading hundreds upon hundreds of items a day.  I never fear their ability to fix the issue either, as I have over 20+ years of experience working with CGC and their phenomenal (and often unsung) customer service division... they've never done me dirty, and have gone above and beyond in helping with any and all issues I've encountered.

For the record, this book ultimately was entered on the Census (thank you to all who showed me how to do it and explain it like I was 4... :), it was also sent back as a reholder, came back in perfect condition, and is proudly displayed.

Thank you all for your help here!

- Bob

P.S. - Mike... I STILL don't have my award listed with my account, though!  I'm just going to have to win again I guess!  ;)