• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

June 2023 Heritage Signature Auction #7340
4 4

566 posts in this topic

That 1st Legion page from New Mutants went nuts. Cool page, but...$93K? :ohnoez: 

DC gets no respect...can't believe that sweet Swan/Adams Jimmy Olsen/Supes cover only went for $15K. Didn't see until now that the Tec 395 page by Adams/Giordano only went for $12K. Not an A page but some cool poses, splashy panels. If I was in the market for an Adams Bats page, I would have been very happy to pick that one up at that price. 

On 6/23/2023 at 3:56 PM, RICKYBOBBY said:

Wow roundtripped to 3 years ago prices after going up 2.5x during the pandemic. :ohnoez:

Par for the course for sports cards, but, not often you see that for comic art. 

Edited by delekkerste

On 6/23/2023 at 3:56 PM, RICKYBOBBY said:

Only about half of the first issue of Ronin is out in the wild. 
Miller sold some years ago. It’s why you see the same few pages pop up all the time. 

On 6/22/2023 at 10:47 AM, Bronty said:

Well its an indy book from the 90s of some acclaim.    I seem to recall one interior page going for even more than that.

I don't play in that market but the price seemed reasonable to me, as though it could have gone for something more.

Clowes/EIGHTBALL is squarely in my wheelhouse. And I had zero interest in that cover. But EIGHTBALL covers rarely pop up so for anyone looking for one, this has pretty much been it for a while. There are some collectors who pegged it even higher, based on where other Clowes art has sold. I could definitely see that for more desirable covers (I understand there are much higher offers for some of the "best"); this one finished about where it should, IMO.

I know we were chatting about the hush cover going a little light but then have a splashing hush page going for about the same as that cover so I think hush art is doing just fine :) maybe people were scared away thinking a hush cover that’s going to be 80-100k and that may have scared way some bidders who knows… but that semi splash page at over 50k seems like a strong result.

FWIW Looking through the results I see a Little Nemo Sunday ended at 36k; cheapest since 2010.   Middle of the road example maybe but they were all hitting 100k+/- for a while there.     In fact one example sold for more than this all the way back in 2006!

Edited by Bronty

On 6/23/2023 at 5:53 PM, wombat said:

Is there any speculation/knowledge of who bought Dark Kingdom?

most people are guessing it was Halperin.

He's been pretty open when he buys something on his own account, like the Dark Knight 1 cover, so just keep an eye out and you might get confirmation, I guess.

Edited by Bronty

On 6/23/2023 at 2:17 PM, delekkerste said:

The Daredevil #169 page was...unfortunate. Pretty sure that one will go down in the record books as one of the biggest hits someone has taken on a blue chip, mainstream piece of original comic art. :sorry:

Where and for how much was this bought Gene?   I don't see it in the HA archives.

Edited by Bronty

On 6/23/2023 at 3:17 PM, ExNihilo said:

Yeah, I'm tracking that one, and I can understand why it'll go for cheaper.  Bruce/Clark/Lois.  Kinda cool, but not exactly spectacular.

It’s a great entry piece if you want to get part of the story can always sell/trade later to upgrade 

On 6/23/2023 at 5:59 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I thought the promo ad or poster is also out there

The poster. That’s by Miller and Varley. 
I sold that also. 
But no other b/w art except for half of the first issue and maybe a couple pages that were given away. 

Edited by artdealer