• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rob Liefeld is out of his mind
4 4

157 posts in this topic

On 4/27/2023 at 4:08 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol I feel you, I prefer Lee but you have a healthy perspective in what you've mentioned. I wouldn't take the criticism of lifeld too personal. Lee outshines a bit too imo, but more importantly they both have their merits. I would almost tend to think they are so vehemently opposed because they are so similar in scope. Both have created and flourished, and here were all for the comics. When there is a thread titled this way, it does feel one sided lol

But you've not made a misnomer or farfetched argument etc haha. I liked Leifeld for what he's done, Jim Lee was in the same boat with image, and they both were just trying TO make it and I argue they both DID. :cheers:

Yup. Leifeld, Lee, Mcfarlane, Silvestri, Valentino, etc. all had their pros and cons, but we cannot deny that they all played a huge roll in the 90's comic scene. Love them or hate them all legends in my book and obviously all had a roll in starting Image, something that forever changed the comic industry. 

Edited by eastbayrudy

He's not the only one doing this. It's a free country...he's not putting a gun to your head. Just like the recent Tradd Moore art drop...willing seller , willing buyer. If there's no demand for liefeld's creative sigs, then he may reduce his prices or offer something else. So long there's a demand. And seriously speaking the fact that we are still speaking about liefeld after he stopped making anything of note for decades speaks more about his legacy and place in the comic world pantheon. BTW I dislike his art intensely.

On 5/1/2023 at 5:41 AM, Copper Your Eye said:

If you want to see how much of a :censored: Liefeld really is, check out his live streams on Whatnot. Straight from the horse's :censored:...

https://whatnot.com/user/robliefeld

He's actually a pretty chill and funny dude and a lot of the stuff he says is on point. He is really just mis-understood most the time, and some people take his comments way to personal. 

On 5/1/2023 at 6:37 AM, Grendel72 said:

He's not the only one doing this. It's a free country...he's not putting a gun to your head. Just like the recent Tradd Moore art drop...willing seller , willing buyer. If there's no demand for liefeld's creative sigs, then he may reduce his prices or offer something else. So long there's a demand. And seriously speaking the fact that we are still speaking about liefeld after he stopped making anything of note for decades speaks more about his legacy and place in the comic world pantheon. BTW I dislike his art intensely.

The fame that Liefeld still holds doesn’t surprise me. The kids that grew up loving him are all 35-50 years old now. He is bleeding the nostalgia for all he can and more power to him. Even more impressive is that his “Drop Shadow Chiseled Autograph” is the most significant artistic creation he has had in 20 years and his fans still love him. 

On 5/1/2023 at 2:04 PM, Hot Nickels said:

Does the $210 include any variation of the Chiseled auto? Do we have to notate which Chisel we prefer? These are important questions that need answering 

I think in the submission form it states that you can request a particular signature, but ultimately its up to the signers discretion.

I can afford to pay him his price... my issue is i dont have any books of his that are worthy of getting signed. 

That said... if i had 1st of deadpool in 9.8 condition, yeah id pay him whatever he wanted to get it signed and remarked or whatever else he was willing to price out.

His art may not be my fav, but i can see how others would want to line up for it.... and id join if i had the right books/condition to warrant it.

On 9/2/2023 at 1:14 AM, Cman429 said:

Four days worth? Sweet. Flood that market. I was going to send in my 8.5 NM 98 but once 500 goofball flippers get their chisels back & up on feebay I’ll be able to snag a upgrade when prices drop like a stone like they did with ASM 300s after Toddy’s signing. 

Yeah at this point the signings should be a sign to run back to golden and silver age if you care about the value. I did the calculations and McFarlane signed books all dropped by 20% automatically overnight after hus signing. I am starting to wonder how flippers are still participating and even the average joe when they see their precious 9.8 come back as a 9.6?

On 9/5/2023 at 5:13 AM, Gator Guru said:

Yeah at this point the signings should be a sign to run back to golden and silver age if you care about the value. I did the calculations and McFarlane signed books all dropped by 20% automatically overnight after hus signing. I am starting to wonder how flippers are still participating and even the average joe when they see their precious 9.8 come back as a 9.6?

More likely than not they are unaware of the value drop that occurs post signing. That or they underestimated how popular this signing would be. However I do think that their are a few books that will do well post signing. Some of the 1:500 and 1:1000 Deadpool incentives come to mind

I 1000% do not care if anyone is left holding a bag over attempted comic signature profiteering. 

the math is doable and the sample sizes are large enough for people to do analysis if they care

if you want it and can afford it, get it. If not, don’t.  

On 9/1/2023 at 10:14 PM, Cman429 said:

Four days worth? Sweet. Flood that market. I was going to send in my 8.5 NM 98 but once 500 goofball flippers get their chisels back & up on feebay I’ll be able to snag a upgrade when prices drop like a stone like they did with ASM 300s after Toddy’s signing. 

Only went two days so the flood may not be what we expected

On 9/7/2023 at 11:48 PM, Hot Nickels said:

Only went two days so the flood may not be what we expected

Thats not a lot at all. McFarlane may have signed 10x as much as he did. I personally feel the weak market and abundance of options as well as $ drain and finally risk/reward played a role in it. For me its risk/reward…ill wait to scoop up some 9.8s on ebay that are issue free. Let someone else do the dirty work.

Congrats on the grades, I love how you can actually see them when they are done now.  I wonder how many people sent in those exact books, I know I did.  I sent 3 of each just to make sure I got 9.8s, figure I'll sell the others and still come out ahead compared to buying them straight up (also had a #3 in there, I loved Supreme growing up for some reason).  All of mine are still stuck at Received at CCS.   Hopefully they can get them up to 9.8s.