• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 15 Grade
2 2

17 posts in this topic

Hi there hope I have a ASM 15 first Kraven the Hunter I’m wondering what grade would this comic be. I’m still working on my grading skills I think it’s a 1.0-1.8 the centre page is detached but the cover and other pages are still attached to the staples. If any one could have a look and let me know what they think would be much appreciated as I want to send to CGC to be graded but not if it’s only a 0.5 

14E428D4-16B9-454B-90FC-2BEB3CFDE3B9.jpeg

A5D3DE7C-852B-415D-AC90-F69DFF0C0484.jpeg

63193C2F-4F4A-4A29-9F3A-AFCEF365F167.jpeg

75A26EA8-DF72-459F-8F59-7A6906EEADBA.jpeg

A589EC6A-6F80-435C-883A-932DC711CC62.jpeg

20A47E08-3EC7-490C-AE73-63C7CCB53ACA.jpeg

DD275A49-CC33-48E9-9478-A6B4863F820E.jpeg

Edited by Average RE

On 4/13/2023 at 10:23 AM, LowGradeBronze said:

Here's a key you can relax and enjoy on the sofa with. Fair cond. Nice page quality from what I can see. 

Couldnt agree more. Nice book to have, even in low grade. I wouldnt bother with a clean and press on this one. It might look a little better but it wouldnt improve the grade. 

1.0 seems likely. As far as sending this into CGC, it all depends on what you're looking to do. If you bought this and want to flip it at some point, it looks like it sells for around 400 on E-Bay in super low grade.... although people tend to avoid 1.0s since they can get 1.5s and 1.8s for the same price. So you'd probably have to come down to at least 350 or so. You need to calculate how much you paid for it, how much it will cost to grade it, your time and effort, and then decide if it's worth it to you. If you just want to enjoy this book, ya can't read 'er if she's slabbed, obviously! Or, maybe you just want to protect it since it's falling apart a bit? That's also an option. These are all things to consider, but, at the end of the day no one can answer this question for you. If you do send it in, I probably would not bother getting it cleaned or pressed. In the state it's in you risk damaging it even more and I don't see it raising the grade. Awesome book to have in any grade!

Edited by SolidShredder

On 4/13/2023 at 10:15 PM, Average RE said:

Thanks guy for the feedback, the only reason I want to get it graded it just to protect it. 

I'll go with the consensus of 1.0.  There are definitely areas that would improve with a press and clean. 

It's a wonderful early Spider-man book and first appearance.  You could certainly just keep it in a mylar and board but getting it graded would give it some protection and make it less likely to snag a piece and rip it off.  I've graded a number of low grade keys and noticed they just look better in a slab and the defects seem less intrusive.