• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got upgraded to walk through tier but limited insurance on shipping .......Update got the book safely!
3 3

37 posts in this topic

Update : 
Got the book safely .

I insured it myself through shipandinsure.com

Cost around $16 for $7000 of insurance .

I did have to pay to join shipandinsure , they have yearly memberships .

0?ui=2&ik=421f9bcc27&attid=0.1&permmsgid

My situation . 

Following this post which I just updated where I am being reimbursed for stolen books that 

Fedex did not deliver properly .

I have another submission after the stolen submission a (avengers 3 ) with an insured  value of $1000.

This book was upgraded to walkthrough tier , it got a grade of 9.4 which was 

well beyond my expectations as I cracked a slab that was a 6.5 to get it regraded .

This slab here :

I am being charged for upgraded grading tier but unfortunately CGC says the insured value cannot be

changed from 

The last two sales of the book are 6700 and 7000 I believe .

I recently had a order stolen as described in the first thread posted .

CGC says they cannot increase the insurance on the book despite paying for the higher grading tier .

Any ideas ? 

I do not want to have the book shipped with insurance of only $1000 based on my past shipping problem .

Edited by Corallas

See if you can escalate and pick it up in person in this special circumstance 

On 4/25/2023 at 9:11 PM, revat said:

See if you can escalate and pick it up in person in this special circumstance 

Its funny you say that because I considered flying down to Florida to pick it up because this would be the biggest book I 

have ever had by a sizable amount . It is possible to pick it up in person, I asked about it and they said they would let me do it 

due to the circumstances but it is not a normal thing they allow.

Very rare for the big upgrade from 6.5 to 9.4.

Once you created the invoice,  it CANNOT be changed.   All you do is to pray for the delivery will be made BUT you MUST be there to sign and receive the package.   You have to take a day off if the package is expected to be delivered on the specific day.

Otherwise, you need someone to sign and receive the package for you at the SAME address.

This is a bad policy by CGC. If they adjust the tier due to FMV the insurance on the book should also be adjusted as the original invoice is no longer correct or potentially valid.  Might want to reach out to Collectibles Insurance Service and see if they can provide short term site-to-site coverage or just set up a policy with this as a starting point.

On 4/25/2023 at 10:35 PM, JollyComics said:

Very rare for the big upgrade from 6.5 to 9.4.

Once you created the invoice,  it CANNOT be changed.   All you do is to pray for the delivery will be made BUT you MUST be there to sign and receive the package.   You have to take a day off if the package is expected to be delivered on the specific day.

Otherwise, you need someone to sign and receive the package for you at the SAME address.

Yes the reason I am nervous is because I just had a package stolen that fedex did not have me sign for.

I have another thread on it from the link above .

On 4/26/2023 at 2:19 AM, DougC said:

This is a bad policy by CGC. If they adjust the tier due to FMV the insurance on the book should also be adjusted as the original invoice is no longer correct or potentially valid.  Might want to reach out to Collectibles Insurance Service and see if they can provide short term site-to-site coverage or just set up a policy with this as a starting point.

Yes one is paying for the higher tier so it seems one should be eligible for increased insurance.

I offered to pay to have CGC insure the book out of my own pocket but that is a no go as well.

What is Collectibles Insurance Service ? 

On 4/26/2023 at 10:31 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

A book length readers crease was pressed out....no?

These were the grader's notes from the 6.5.

"light readers crease back cover
very light spine stress lines cover breaks color"

I could not see much of a crease if any on the back looking through the case 

and acually could not see the spine stress lines either .

I had it pressed but did not do the pressing and did not see the book after the pressing before submission.

It did get reduced on the page color from white pages .

"Once you created the invoice,  it CANNOT be changed."

People keep saying...usually those CGC reps that answer questions in "'ASK CGC'. But it's really not 100% accurate. If you change it to "Once you created the invoice, we WILL NOT change it", it becomes 100% accurate.

On 4/26/2023 at 6:10 PM, Corallas said:

What do you mean by escalate ? 

Well it’s generally not allowed for in person pick up.  So you might ask for higher and higher managers until someone can approve it. 

it’s a pretty specific circumstance so someone should be able to approve it, if escalated enough